Worm snakes..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Moving mulch, laying new. Every time the rake moved there were more snakes, and they were fast. Uncover ten or more and by the time I counted to 5 they all had kicked up their tales and burrowed straight down.. gone

Im thinking all told over 50 of them in a little herb garden area..

Moving mulch, laying new. Every time the rake moved there were more snakes, and they were fast. Uncover ten or more and by the time I counted to 5 they all had kicked up their tales and burrowed straight down.. gone

Good deal. They help keep the soil aerated. Used to have lots here, but haven't seen many as of late.

keekee

My daughter has played with them since she was tiny. They don't bite. They just try to stab you with their tails.

PeoplesElbow

Damn ive seen these before an thought they may have been baby copperheads, ill have to take a closer look next time.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
My cat likes to stalk me whenever I do any sort of work in the yard and it is nothing at all for her to snatch them up in front of my eyes.

:lol: