Hanky Panky the Beagle is Lyme and HW+

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I can't help but think of the forum Hank when I talk about this dog. Hanky Panky came to us from a caring horse lady in King George (KG). He was a stray, she had him evaluated by a vet, discovered he was positive for Lyme and HW at his young age of 3 years old. She dewormed little Hanky Panky. She already had many dogs, couldn't take on yet another stray, so she set out to find a rescue to help this sweet boy. After being unsuccessful in finding a rescue that would take in Hank, she though she was going to have to put Hank down. She asked her horse peeps to help. A horse lady I know, knows the KG lady, and a match was made. The finances are being covered in most part by the KG lady. So far we've had just over $100 not covered and potentially more if he is still having intestinal worm issues. He was treated for whipworms 4 weeks ago, but he's still scooting in the grass.

You all who know me, know I have the heart to take on this boy, just not the money to pay for his care. So we are hoping some of the extra costs can be covered through fundraising.

Hanky Panky is at the tail end of his month long Doxy RX, he will be scheduled soon to start the HW treatment. We really hope this sweet boy survives this treatment. If you'd like to help with a tax deductible donation, please know that your donation is used 100 % for Hank's care.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
its a myth about dogs scooting because of worms.

its usually anal glands that are impacted or not empting correctly

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Hanky Panky is adorable ..... hank2.jpg

Booboo3604

So far we've had just over $100 not covered and potentially more if he is still having intestinal worm issues. He was treated for whipworms 4 weeks ago, but he's still scooting in the grass.

One of my dogs is a dumpster dog we found on the side of the road. Apparently people had been trying to catch her for weeks. Anyways, we too found out when we took her to the vet that she had whipworms. We treated her, and my two that she had been around just incase. We also found out during that time that whipworm eggs can live in the soil for up to 5 years, which is why its so common for dogs to become reinfected. We actually had to change all the dogs from heartgard to sentinel because, in addition to the heartworms, it combats hook, round, and whip worms. We wanted to make sure we were not just going round and round with treatment and reinfection.