President Stupidhead sez:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"It's easier for a teenager to get his hands on a Glock than a computer…or even a book."

And some people actually believed that. Thought he was making a salient point. Even though it is demonstrably not true (or what some of us call "a flat out lie").

PS has also said in the past that it's easier to buy a gun than vegetables in some neighborhoods. At first I thought, well, in ghettos of course those thugs are more interested in selling guns than vegetables. But then I remembered that these ghettos have normal people in them too, not just criminals and drug addicts. In pretty much any high risk area, there is still a grocery store of some form. And even if all they have are bags of frozen peas and carrots, that would still be a vegetable.

Obama clearly has an agenda, otherwise he wouldn't say the inflammatory and downright ignorant #### he spews. Creating a bunch of racial tension and inciting riots doesn't seem like a good idea, or anything that would benefit him. And I don't believe that he's so Afro-centric that he wants to get all Black Panther on whites and "fight the power". He IS the power.

So what's in this for him? What's his motive? Honestly, I'm usually good at dissecting things but I can't for the life of me come up with a legit reason why he wants to start a race war and how that will benefit him.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
"It's easier for a teenager to get his hands on a Glock than a computer…or even a book."

Why just the other day I was at Barnes & Noble. They didn't have any of the book titles I was looking for but I got a smoking deal on a Glock 19 value-pack (12 handguns) and they even threw in a free cleaning kit and 40 rounds of ammo because I had the coupon from last Sunday's paper.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
See I didnt take that as a comment on how easy it was to legally obtain and pay for a gun, but rather a comment of the proliferation of guns in some neighborhoods, where it is probably a LOT easier to track someone down to sell you a gun than it is to track someone down who will teach you anything or stimulate your intelligence. Thats not a far fetched idea.

However, I fail to see what that has to do with stricter gun laws, given that it is unlikely some kid int he hood is going to go legally obtain a gun.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
However, I fail to see what that has to do with stricter gun laws, given that it is unlikely some kid int he hood is going to go legally obtain a gun.

True. But he specifically stated that "we" are "flooding" those neighborhoods with guns. Who is "we" and how are "we" "flooding" the neighborhoods with Glocks?

stgislander

PREMO Member
Is "Glock" going to become a generic term for any semi-automatic pistol... much like Kleenex for tissues or Xerox for copiers? :confused:

Clem72

True. But he specifically stated that "we" are "flooding" those neighborhoods with guns. Who is "we" and how are "we" "flooding" the neighborhoods with Glocks?

Maybe he knows something we don't. Operation "2 Fast 2 Furious".

stew77

I think his plan is to declare martial law, STAY in OFFICE, and let this country be over run with his buddies..! But my MAJOR concern is that I DO NOT WANT A WAR on this soil..! I was in one, Vietnam. But I can see no other way to stop this POS, except by the Americans willing to fight to keep this country! Keep your powder dry..!

mitzi

See I didnt take that as a comment on how easy it was to legally obtain and pay for a gun, but rather a comment of the proliferation of guns in some neighborhoods, where it is probably a LOT easier to track someone down to sell you a gun than it is to track someone down who will teach you anything or stimulate your intelligence. Thats not a far fetched idea.

EXACTLY. He didn't mean it was easier to legally obtain a gun than a computer. I'm sure in the ghetto of ghettos it's easier to get a gun than go buy a computer. These people hang on the streets all day and night. Some of you really need to go drive thru the neighborhoods in SE, Eastover, etc.

Hijinx

Fact is you don't have to track down anyone who will give you a book. You merely walk into a library.
Certainly there is a proliferation of ILLEGAL guns in certain neighborhoods.
How does the simpleton plan on stopping the traffic of illegal guns by passing a law stopping the sale of legal guns.

I don't really believe that Obama knows what Illegal means, either in the human traffic busting down our borders
or the guns 'being used by criminals who use them against their neighbors.
I wonder if he has ever checked in his own hometown of Chicago to determine how many citizens of the South Side are killed by legally owned guns
You know legally owned guns --the ones he is trying to make illegal.

The only thing more gun laws will do is take away the rights of the honest---law -abiding citizen.
Someone who wishes to kill can always go to Uhaul and rent a truck.

SamSpade

----------

So what's in this for him? What's his motive? Honestly, I'm usually good at dissecting things but I can't for the life of me come up with a legit reason why he wants to start a race war and how that will benefit him.

Gun control. He wants to keep pounding the table until people agree that gun control of a higher order is necessary, and he IS willing to stoke the fires a little to see it happen.

But what's STUPID is, you just need to step over into Chicago - where there IS serious gun control - and see the unbelievable carnage of people being mowed down with guns nightly - to know that what keeps being proposed is NEVER going to work.

This_person

Gun control. He wants to keep pounding the table until people agree that gun control of a higher order is necessary, and he IS willing to stoke the fires a little to see it happen.

But what's STUPID is, you just need to step over into Chicago - where there IS serious gun control - and see the unbelievable carnage of people being mowed down with guns nightly - to know that what keeps being proposed is NEVER going to work.

Their answer to Chicago's issue is that people go to Indiana or other places where guns are easier to get, buy in bulk at gun shows where they don't have to get background checks, then take them and sell them out of their trunks illegally to the bad guys in Chicago. While most of this is not exactly "truth", it helps their narrative that a city or state cannot control the guns, therefore the federal government must take them from us ALL to keep those people safe.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I can see this!

My last trip to Barnes and Noble I had to fill out seven pages of forms, be approved by the FBI and MSP, then wait eight days to take possession of my new copy of "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress"

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I can see this!

My last trip to Barnes and Noble I had to fill out seven pages of forms, be approved by the FBI and MSP, then wait eight days to take possession of my new copy of "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress"

is that book on the Approved Reading list .... IIRC that is about seditious rebellion against earth control

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

I go back and forth on this. I dont want a bunch of hood rats with guns any more than anyone else does...but I fail to see the connection to making it harder for legal citizens to ge things..look how well its working making people sign at the pharmacy for cold meds or controls on narcotics :Coffee:

I just wish people would spend a little more time on figuring out why we have whole neighborhoods of ypung people who need guns instead of books and focus on how they are getting them illegally instead of making it tougher on the law abiding ones.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I just wish people would spend a little more time on figuring out why we have whole neighborhoods of young people who need guns instead of books and focus on how they are getting them illegally instead of making it tougher on the law abiding ones.

because there are illegal drug empires to protect, people to rob, cars to hi-jack

oh and the odd revenge because the crew in the next block robbed / killed your cousin