Best place to put a job listing in St. Mary's

ltown81

Besides SOMD, what are the good places to post a job in St. Marys? We have tried Monster, and even CSM's site. They bring in a ton of resumes from Waldorf/Prince Frederick and points north who are not going to relocate to do entry level work at a small business.

mitzi

That's what we have always done. We are getting half the replies we used to however because people are now on Facebook all the time, and don't visit sites like this as much. You can see it in the traffic in the forums.

What type of position are you posting?

frequentflier

happy to be living
It doesn't matter because every jobseeker in the county, whether they fulfill any of the posted requirements or not will apply.

I find that to be true. I have been criticized for my ads because I am so specific about the position and even though I am looking for part time, permanent help with flexible hours; many people responding are looking to work only during the summer, weekends only because they already work full time, only available these hours because...etc etc. I also put up front that a requirement is the applicant must be able to consistently lift up to 40 lbs (we move a lot of dog food!) and I have gotten responses from people that they can do everything but lift or climb ladders. Where I can work around it some, it is disconcerting when someone I may consider employing makes demands up front.
Reading comprehension seems to lack in many applicants and when I have placed ads on SOMD, I typically get about 60 responses and there may be 5 out of 60 I might consider interviewing.
I consider myself fortunate that I currently have a great team of people working with and for me. A couple were customers that I have known for a long time, a few from the last ad I posted and a several have been with me for several years! I hope I do not have to place an ad for a long time to come; it is very stressful!

officeguy

I find that to be true. I have been criticized for my ads because I am so specific about the position and even though I am looking for part time, permanent help with flexible hours; many people responding are looking to work only during the summer, weekends only because they already work full time, only available these hours because...etc etc. I also put up front that a requirement is the applicant must be able to consistently lift up to 40 lbs (we move a lot of dog food!) and I have gotten responses from people that they can do everything but lift or climb ladders. Where I can work around it some, it is disconcerting when someone I may consider employing makes demands up front.
Reading comprehension seems to lack in many applicants and when I have placed ads on SOMD, I typically get about 60 responses and there may be 5 out of 60 I might consider interviewing.
I consider myself fortunate that I currently have a great team of people working with and for me. A couple were customers that I have known for a long time, a few from the last ad I posted and a several have been with me for several years! I hope I do not have to place an ad for a long time to come; it is very stressful!

There is a good chance we both had the same resumes in the pile on our respective desks.

ltown81

Anyone else who posts ads on this site notice a decrease in replies in the last year or two? Same ads get like half the replies.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Anyone else who posts ads on this site notice a decrease in replies in the last year or two? Same ads get like half the replies.

Speaking only for myself, I can say there was no difference in the amount of responses in the ads I have run the last couple of times as opposed to 5 years ago.

TPD

the poor dad

Yes I have noticed. Not sure if it is less people looking for a job or less people looking at this site.

MarieB

Some might be people trying to fulfill unemployment job seeing requirements