What Barry wants for us too.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Australia is currently struggling with an ongoing trend for heavy industry to translocate business operations to other countries in Asia, countries which provide stable regulatory environments and costs, lower taxes, cheaper wages, and less red tape. The ongoing renewables madness, which afflicts every state in Australia to some extent, may convince even more large employers that it simply isn’t worth waiting for Australian politicians to stop messing around with fashionable non-solutions to the nation’s energy needs.

:shocking:

SamSpade

Whatever happened to the much vaunted "Pickens Plan"? Did he realize we'd need a windmill on every square inch of land, just to keep up?

Clem72

Whatever happened to the much vaunted "Pickens Plan"? Did he realize we'd need a windmill on every square inch of land, just to keep up?

What I seem to remember is that they never solved the long-haul power distribution problem. The most efficient energy generation in the universe is of limited benefit if you lose 90% of the power getting it somewhere usable.

glhs837

Power with Control

I don't think that was anything more than a "lets get them subsidies rolling" sales pitch. Like the railroad guys in Hell On Wheels.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I don't think that was anything more than a "lets get them subsidies rolling" sales pitch. Like the railroad guys in Hell On Wheels.

That was my take on it too. Quite a few big businesses and types jumped on that bandwagon because of the enormous subsidies involved. Most all have gotten back off of it now. GE, for example, has bailed out of the wind turbine manufacturing.