One Way car rentals Government Travelers Beware

PeoplesElbow

Enterprise, Hertz, and National have started charging a one way drop off fee that the travel office will not reimburse you for. I have a coworker who got stuck paying over $200 in drop off fees just to go to and from BWI. The travel office is unapologetic even though the reservation was made through them.

Cheaper to rent here, drive to BWI and leave it in a long term parking lot for a week (about $8/day), and come home with the same car.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Cheaper to rent here, drive to BWI and leave it in a long term parking lot for a week (about $8/day), and come home with the same car.

Agree totally. But did you see that DCA doubled their long-term rate to $17 a day recently?? Effers....

PeoplesElbow

That would incur the wrath of the travel gods. To quote Roy from shipping wars, "Nickel is holding up a dollar"

tommyjo

And its cheaper for the rest of us if you USE YOUR OWN DAMN CAR to go to BWI. Pay your own damn parking fees and drive your own damn care home.

blacklabman

And its cheaper for the rest of us if you USE YOUR OWN DAMN CAR to go to BWI. Pay your own damn parking fees and drive your own damn care home.

That's a nice thought, but if you have a vehicle mishap you are responsible for the deductible.

BTW, you are an idiot!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

You must be insane. I do use my own car a lot, but I charge the government (or other clients) .55 cents per mile and 100% of the parking fees too.

So for a typical trip, and flying out of BWI as an example since I use that one the most, that works out to a hundred bucks in my pocket for the car mileage.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
You must be insane. I do use my own car a lot, but I charge the government (or other clients) .55 cents per mile and 100% of the parking fees too.

So for a typical trip, and flying out of BWI as an example since I use that one the most, that works out to a hundred bucks in my pocket for the car mileage.

You quoted TJ, so...
I guess s/he thinks we should pay our employers for the honor of working for them. lolz

glhs837

Power with Control

Well, doing the math, including parking, because why the hell would an employee pay for parking when on travel for the company, it works out the same pretty much. Because the mileage rates paid plus the parking add up to two one way rentals, if you are not paying stupid high one way fees.

1%er scum.

Lol

Sh%$, didn't see any civil servants take a >5% pay cut last year.......

Why the hell should I use MY PERSONAL CAR for a task that my employer is mandating to me, run up hundreds of miles, take the chance of parking lot damage or theft while it sits unattended for a week or more, incur the wrath of my insurance company for using a personal car for business in the event of an incident......

Screw that. If it's a business related travel, not using my car.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Why the hell should I use MY PERSONAL CAR for a task that my employer is mandating to me, run up hundreds of miles, take the chance of parking lot damage or theft while it sits unattended for a week or more, incur the wrath of my insurance company for using a personal car for business in the event of an incident......

Screw that. If it's a business related travel, not using my car.

I agree.