I don't recognize this Republican Party anymore

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sorry, all you bigoted Christian fundie "conservatives" - your day is done. I'm sure the Democrats felt the same way when LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act: "Dang, lettin' them darkies eat in our restaurants and use our public washrooms - this just ain't the Democrat party I knew."

:poorbaby:

What that crazy fundie bigot site took away from Thiel's speech is SO beside the point and it's pretty sad that that's what they want to get jacked up about. That's not smart, or even reasonable.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Sorry, all you bigoted Christian fundie "conservatives" - your day is done. I'm sure the Democrats felt the same way when LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act: "Dang, lettin' them darkies eat in our restaurants and use our public washrooms - this just ain't the Democrat party I knew."

What that crazy fundie bigot site took away from Thiel's speech is SO beside the point and it's pretty sad that that's what they want to get jacked up about. That's not smart, or even reasonable.

:like: I miss that button.

It is called complacency, and all of a sudden some wake up and say, 'oh, shiat, what is happening?' Take responsibility, and do something about it, y'all. Yes, I have emailed the WH and my reps, but don't get much response, if at all. It is time for Americans to stand up for themselves; at least the ones that care.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Yeah, I thought so, too. My niece, who also happens to be gay, asked me several months ago or so about "what I thought of the primaries" and "who I thought would win". First, I was tickled pink that she would ask my opinon - she's not a "political animal" at all, but she is older now, (nearly 31) and she's paying more attention to these things nowadays. Since my sister passed away 5 years ago, and her father is a liberal. I am quite sure she doesn't see eye to eye with him on many things, so naturally, she's asking me because she values my take - just as she would value her mother's.

So we had quite a little conversation. (Actually this was all via TEXTING! She lives in Florida and all 3 of them text me all the time) I gave her my take (I thought that Trump might pull off the nomination, that I was voting for him in the Primary here, and that I hoped he WOULD win.) I listed out the reasons I would vote for him, and I gave her some sources she could go check out everything I told her. I also gave her information on the "gay" issues thing - because I knew she was asking partly because of that reason - she just didn't say it. Anyhoo, I told her not to believe all that crap in the media that the GOP was all anti-gay. I told her about that Thiel guy - mainly because I had read something else about him not long before she asked me. There was someone else I told her about, too, and the name escapes me right now. SO! She was already on the Trump train - she just wanted to get my take on things and I think she was glad she did. :yay:

I was so tired after staying up too late for Trump's speech last night, I laid down and took a nap after we got home from dinner (the jalapeno margarita must have helped that!) and now I'm up watching re-runs of the FNC nightly shows. :cds:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
SO! She was already on the Trump train - she just wanted to get my take on things and I think she was glad she did. :yay:

Trump is pulling a lot of younger people who either weren't interested before or would have never considered voting for a Republican. My daughter has several young friends who are rethinking their party affiliations - and these are Austin hipsters feeling the Bern. Their second choice is not Hillary, but Trump.

I think that's YUUUGE.

I about fell over when my son said he was probably going to vote for Trump. His fiancee is a young conservative (meaning she is socially liberal, but fiscally conservative) who has never voted before (AND she is of Mexican heritage) and she's all about The Donald. I'm positive she has influenced my son's thinking on Trump.

I don't see how Hillary can possibly win in November, but I'll bet you right now that she does anyway. That fix is long in. But it's great to see young people actually thinking about things instead of just being mindless media consumers. We probably have Obama to thank for that - he burnt them out.

Bann

PREMO Member
I don't see how Hillary can possibly win in November, but I'll bet you right now that she does anyway. That fix is long in.

If anyone can blow that up in the media - it's The Donald. He *really doesn't like to looooooooooose, either. :lol:

littlelady

God bless the USA
I don't see how Hillary can possibly win in November, but I'll bet you right now that she does anyway. That fix is long in. But it's great to see young people actually thinking about things instead of just being mindless media consumers. We probably have Obama to thank for that - he burnt them out.

That's the thing about your comment about the fix is in. I have thought this for a while. The Clintons are so corrupt and have so many connections that the votes will be bastardized, just as we saw in Kentucky in the primary. Hillary will win by hook or crook because it will be fixed. No question on that. America is in a world of hurt.

The only thing that could negate the fix is if an overwhelming amount of Americans vote for Trump; to the point where the corruptness of votes couldn't be kept up with. As in, voting machines malfunctioning, illegals voting, dead people voting, busing in usual non voters, etc. It is all just sickening. Americans have made themselves sitting ducks by complacency, and to top it off, we have had a lame duck in the Oval Office for 7 1/2 years. How many more voting machine manufacturers will Soros buy this time around?

Last edited:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Yeah, I thought so, too. My niece, who also happens to be gay, asked me several months ago or so about "what I thought of the primaries" and "who I thought would win". First, I was tickled pink that she would ask my opinon - she's not a "political animal" at all, but she is older now, (nearly 31) and she's paying more attention to these things nowadays. Since my sister passed away 5 years ago, and her father is a liberal. I am quite sure she doesn't see eye to eye with him on many things, so naturally, she's asking me because she values my take - just as she would value her mother's.

So we had quite a little conversation. (Actually this was all via TEXTING! She lives in Florida and all 3 of them text me all the time) I gave her my take (I thought that Trump might pull off the nomination, that I was voting for him in the Primary here, and that I hoped he WOULD win.) I listed out the reasons I would vote for him, and I gave her some sources she could go check out everything I told her. I also gave her information on the "gay" issues thing - because I knew she was asking partly because of that reason - she just didn't say it. Anyhoo, I told her not to believe all that crap in the media that the GOP was all anti-gay. I told her about that Thiel guy - mainly because I had read something else about him not long before she asked me. There was someone else I told her about, too, and the name escapes me right now. SO! She was already on the Trump train - she just wanted to get my take on things and I think she was glad she did. :yay:

I was so tired after staying up too late for Trump's speech last night, I laid down and took a nap after we got home from dinner (the jalapeno margarita must have helped that!) and now I'm up watching re-runs of the FNC nightly shows. :cds:

You need to turn her on to Milo.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
If anyone can blow that up in the media - it's The Donald. He *really doesn't like to looooooooooose, either. :lol:

I think Trump will pull this off. I remember people saying that Obama wouldnt, and he did it twice. I think Hillary has just pushed the envelope too far. A lot of people who would have let her slide on some issues are waking up, and the only people who will be voting for her are the nut jobs. While there are a lot of those, I don't think it's enough for a win.

Hijinx

Bann I am glad you and your niece get along well and this is nothing to do with the bulk of your post, but why text?
Why not just phone and speak to each other.?

I don't get this texting thing, unless it's a message to several people at the same time.
If it's just myself and the person doing the texting, just call me and we can speak.

I suppose texting is easy for smart phone users who can just speak into their phones and text, but for us flip phone users it's a bear.

tommyjo

I don't see how Hillary can possibly win in November, but I'll bet you right now that she does anyway. That fix is long in.

Please read up on how our system of electing a President actually works. The go learn how to do the math...specifically how to count to 270. Then go look at the population distributions in this country

Then try to rationalize your statement that you don't see how Hillary can possibly win in November? The D's have the population advantage from the start. Mr. Trump is doing everything he can to push larger and larger population bases AWAY from him.

Mr. Trump won't win with 1 person of Mexican decent voting for him...he needs a majority...and that is highly unlikely.

Hijinx

Please read up on how our system of electing a President actually works. The go learn how to do the math...specifically how to count to 270. Then go look at the population distributions in this country

Then try to rationalize your statement that you don't see how Hillary can possibly win in November? The D's have the population advantage from the start. Mr. Trump is doing everything he can to push larger and larger population bases AWAY from him.

Mr. Trump won't win with 1 person of Mexican decent voting for him...he needs a majority...and that is highly unlikely.

The word is Descent, and to say he will not get one is really stupid.

Here is an article from one of your favorite spots. The Huffington Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/24/donald-trump-mexicans-new-hampshire_n_7864980.html

Bann

PREMO Member
Bann I am glad you and your niece get along well and this is nothing to do with the bulk of your post, but why text?
Why not just phone and speak to each other.?

I don't get this texting thing, unless it's a message to several people at the same time.
If it's just myself and the person doing the texting, just call me and we can speak.

I suppose texting is easy for smart phone users who can just speak into their phones and text, but for us flip phone users it's a bear.

We also talk. This just happened to be an offhanded spur of the minute text thingy. I was at work, so I couldn't just pick up the phone right then, and I knew when I got off work, she'd be working. So then it kind of grew into more than a couple of texts.

She is an MP (Managing partner) and has just "opened" her 2ND Longhorn Steakhouse in less than 4 years. (which means she is hot damn good at what she does!) She is a hard working young woman, and always on the go - so it's how we keep in touch. All my nieces include me in their Social Media stuff...Texts, FB, Instagrams, Snap Chats, etc. Sometimes, we chat in texts which include the 4 of us only. We all live miles apart and stay in touch the best way we can. It works for us.

Bann

PREMO Member

I love how you Libbies think you are obviously the most intelligent beings on the planet and everyone else is inferior compared to you. :bigwhoop:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Have you ever pondered for a moment that there just might be more democrats willing to vote for Trump in these "population distributions" areas of large democrat populations? Because many of these democrats just can't stomach seeing this crazy broom handle of a witch in the oval office and on TV, let alone for the next four years. There are plenty of democrats that will be crossing over. They love this country as much as the rest of us and don't want to see it become a third world shiat hole. Also, many of those of "Mexican descent" will vote for Trump because they don't want to see the country they moved to become just like the country they left. Better start licking your wounds now TJ.

SamSpade

It won't matter. Believe it or not, we do know how it works - some of us have even been voting longer than you. Some of us actually lived in a time when they taught this in schools, and rolled our eyes at the nitwits shocked at the outcome of the 2000 election, crying that nothing like it had ever happened before - when it had, many times.

But the reason it won't matter is partly - here:

http://www.270towin.com/

If Trump begins to take the Rust Belt - from Pennsylvania to Ohio - and take Florida - it's over. And that progression is over. The list of battleground states is changing, largely because the voting demographic most in play this time around is working class voters - and they exist in huge quantities in the battleground states.

And it's important to note that MANY of the non-battleground states have only remained with a small but respectable margin - that can be overcome with a popular wave. California was won with a 23 point advantage - it's not in play. Pennsylvania was won with just five. Virginia was won with just four.

Another is, for whatever reason, in most geographies Hispanics don't vote in large proportions. Getting or losing a Mexican vote isn't going to change any outcome in a battleground state.

And I think this latest DNC thing is going to massively piss off a lot of voters from Hillary.