Apparently, THIS WALL is okay with the Democrats

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Wow.

To the Democratic National Committee elites, keeping average Americans away from their convention is a good idea, while protecting the southern border from intruding terrorists, rapists and murderers is a bad one.

The DNC has erected a four-mile fence around its convention site at Philadelphia’s Wells Fargo Center. (Isn’t it ironic they’re doing so much to protect a site named after a bank?)

The fence, which appears to be about 8 feet tall, is intended to keep out any individuals with whom Democratic Party leaders, delegates and other liberal elites would rather not mingle.

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/dnc-erects-four-mile-fence-around-philly-convention-site/

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

littlelady

God bless the USA
Libprogs want a wall around WDC and they are building it. They want nothing to do with Americans. They just want to live their elite, globalist life, and the rest of us be damned. If some don't understand the definition of hypocrite, they need not look it up. When the dictionary is revised, hypocrite will be the definition of Democrat. Period.

Something that got on my last nerve; the only one I had left. The fact that Kaine was speaking in Spanish as far as his acceptance VP speech. Hello? English is the language of America. All immigrants should learn to speak it. Our country is out of control, and Hillary is feeding on it. She wants to become known as Queen Hillary I. She needs to be careful about high fiving and raising her arms because all the money she is spending on pants suits are becoming unflattering. She should be wearing a burka to show solidarity to her donors to the Clinton Foundation.

Last edited:

Hijinx

Libprogs want a wall around WDC and they are building it. They want nothing to do with Americans. They just want to live their elite, globalist life, and the rest of us be damned. If some don't understand the definition of hypocrite, they need not look it up. When the dictionary is revised, hypocrite will be the definition of Democrat. Period.

Something that got on my last nerve; the only one I had left. The fact that Kaine was speaking in Spanish as far as his acceptance VP speech. Hello? English is the language of America. All immigrants should learn to speak it. Our country is out of control, and Hillary is feeding on it. She wants to become known as Queen Hillary I. She needs to be careful about high fiving and raising her arms because all the money she is spending on pants suits are becoming unflattering. She should be wearing a burka to show solidarity to her donors to the Clinton Foundation.

Pretty sure it wasn't mere coincidence she picked a guy that speaks Spanish for her VP.
When it comes to pandering ,nobody beats the Clintons.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Something that got on my last nerve; the only one I had left. The fact that Kaine was speaking in Spanish as far as his acceptance VP speech. Hello? English is the language of America. All immigrants should learn to speak it.

What's wrong with him speaking Spanish? I think it's pretty cool for people to have a second language. I know quite a bit of Spanish but I'm not fluent. While English is the prevalent language here, there is no "official" language in the United States. And, contrary to you assumption, most immigrants do know and speak English to some degree.

SamSpade

What's wrong with him speaking Spanish? I think it's pretty cool for people to have a second language. I know quite a bit of Spanish but I'm not fluent. While English is the prevalent language here, there is no "official" language in the United States. And, contrary to you assumption, most immigrants do know and speak English to some degree.

Knowing Spanish didn't seem to give Dubya any cred.

But anyway - when I lived in Boston, I was astonished to see *MANY* people who were actually BORN here to immigrant parents - who STILL did not speak English. THAT, I couldn't get at all.
For a whole summer I worked on a construction crew with a bunch of guys like this - BORN in the city, could not speak English.

(I'm not saying anything about the majority - but if there's no disincentive for not speaking English, there will be those who won't learn. I've met more than my share of immigrants hostile to our culture, who forbid their children from participating in anything but their own culture from their country of origin).

Clem72

What's wrong with him speaking Spanish?

There's nothing wrong with it. Though there may be something wrong with using it as a specific qualifier because it panders to voting group rather than adds to the candidates ability to execute their job.

A hypothetical sure, but lets say we have two candidates with very similar qualifications except:

Candidate A speaks Spanish and has a familial connection to the Hispanic community.
Candidate B speaks Russian and spent a couple of years in college studying the politics of post-Soviet eastern European countries.

Which one is more likely to be of more benefit to the office? Which one is more likely to add a voting block to your ticket?

Hijinx

I think it's great that he speaks Spanish, but when he is appealing to the voters for votes and 3/4ths. of them don't know WTF he is saying, and he is an American what is the point.? I think we all know the point---it's called pandering.
Although we have no official language here in America-------WE SHOULD HAVE---this isn't the Tower of Babble.
If we allow Spanish on our phones why don't we allow Farsi or Russian or Chinese.
One country, one language. What they speak at home is up to them.
And, contrary to you assumption, most immigrants do know and speak English to some degree.

So what you are saying is that they are playing dumb.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What's wrong with him speaking Spanish?

Because it's like a French candidate giving a speech in English, or any language besides French. If they live in this country and don't understand English, chances are good they are here illegally and aren't supposed to be voting in our elections. Someone mentioned born-heres who don't speak English - those people shouldn't be voting either, although legally they can.

I understand pandering, but there has to be a return. Kaine pandered to the Latino vote, and ended up alienating a good number of the majority. That's a net loss and a bad move.

One of the reasons, probably the biggest reason, Trump is so popular is because he's all about America and Americans. He's not terribly concerned about making nice with crappy countries (like Mexico) who hemorrhage citizens because they suck so bad. So if you're a globalist and a New World Order kinda person, you will naturally despise him. The rest of us, however - the Red, White, and Blue crowd - are all over him.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Because it's like a French candidate giving a speech in English, or any language besides French. If they live in this country and don't understand English, chances are good they are here illegally and aren't supposed to be voting in our elections. Someone mentioned born-heres who don't speak English - those people shouldn't be voting either, although legally they can.

I understand pandering, but there has to be a return. Kaine pandered to the Latino vote, and ended up alienating a good number of the majority. That's a net loss and a bad move.

One of the reasons, probably the biggest reason, Trump is so popular is because he's all about America and Americans. He's not terribly concerned about making nice with crappy countries (like Mexico) who hemorrhage citizens because they suck so bad. So if you're a globalist and a New World Order kinda person, you will naturally despise him. The rest of us, however - the Red, White, and Blue crowd - are all over him.

Being a supporter of Trump is not a prerequisite for being part of the Red, White, and Blue crowd. They don't necessary go hand in hand.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Being a supporter of Trump is not a prerequisite for being part of the Red, White, and Blue crowd. They don't necessary go hand in hand.

I understand that, but he's the candidate who is touting nationalism. Hillary is a strong globalist and has shown over and over that she values the people of other countries far more than she values Americans. Trump is a nationalist (aside: it's interesting watching the Left try and portray that as a bad thing). Trump is an America First-er.

Giving that speech in Spanish wasn't a good move for Kaine.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I understand that, but he's the candidate who is touting nationalism. Hillary is a strong globalist and has shown over and over that she values the people of other countries far more than she values Americans. Trump is a nationalist (aside: it's interesting watching the Left try and portray that as a bad thing). Trump is an America First-er.

Giving that speech in Spanish wasn't a good move for Kaine.

To be honest, I don't know if isolationism (nationalism) or globalism is the right course.

As far as Kaine, not sure that it wasn't a good move. The only people getting their feathers ruffled over it aren't going to be voting for his ticket to begin with. Most mainstreamers don't care that he gave a speech is Spanish. Heck, I didn't even know about it until people on here started fussing about it.

This_person

To be honest, I don't know if isolationism (nationalism) or globalism is the right course.

As far as Kaine, not sure that it wasn't a good move. The only people getting their feathers ruffled over it aren't going to be voting for his ticket to begin with. Most mainstreamers don't care that he gave a speech is Spanish. Heck, I didn't even know about it until people on here started fussing about it.
I didn't know he did until you two just mentioned it.

My question would be - why? Was it on Telemundo or something? What other possible reason could there be for a Spanish speech by a US Senator?

SamSpade

I didn't know he did until you two just mentioned it.

My question would be - why? Was it on Telemundo or something? What other possible reason could there be for a Spanish speech by a US Senator?

I got the impression it was the same reason you go to a Chinese restaurant and order in Chinese - to impress people.