The Middle of a T-Storm Downpour

... is not the time to find a severely blocked gutter. :ohwell:

I think it's going to wait a few more days.

glhs837

Power with Control
Noticed one of mine had slipped out of the connection to the underground piping that leads back in the woods. Got drenched reconnecting it.

General Lee

Been there done that lol. I recently had some gutter piping buried had the "float caps" installed at ground level. 2 of them want to pop completely off the pipe and just gush water thus washing out the newly dug dirt around them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

When I lived in the house I had a major basement flood because of extensive rain, a blocked gutter, and a konked out sump pump. 1bdzee came to my rescue, along with a myriad of other people - including BadGirl, RoseRed, and Kom. 1B unclogged my gutters in the pouring rain, and then - yes she did - crawled under my crawl space and fixed the sump pump.

I can't tell you enough how much I don't miss home ownership.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Been there, done that, the last time we had a downpour. The rainfall last night didn't evidence any blockages; 'course, I haven't looked yet. I might have to do that this weekend.

Vince

That TS knocked the temp down. Going to be a nice 87 degree high all weekend. Time for some Golf. :yahoo:

Turns out that lightning storm last night did some electrical mayhem that I didn't realize until now. Opened the drink fridge and the light didn't turn on. Hmmm. Microwave is out too, on the same circuit. Check the breaker, the GFI had tripped along with another GFI protected circuit. Apparently been out since the power hit last night, but it was just the drink fridge, so no harm. Drinks stayed pretty cool considering.

Lost one of my security cameras. It works, but the automatic iris doesn't, so daytime pics are totally washed out. I have spares, so now just have to get up there and replace it, and install the rest of the cameras that I haven't gotten to yet.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Turns out that lightning storm last night did some electrical mayhem that I didn't realize until now. Opened the drink fridge and the light didn't turn on. Hmmm. Microwave is out too, on the same circuit. Check the breaker, the GFI had tripped along with another GFI protected circuit. Apparently been out since the power hit last night, but it was just the drink fridge, so no harm. Drinks stayed pretty cool considering.

Lost one of my security cameras. It works, but the automatic iris doesn't, so daytime pics are totally washed out. I have spares, so now just have to get up there and replace it, and install the rest of the cameras that I haven't gotten to yet.

:ohwell: