Would a dog enjoy...

hitchicken

...fetching a ball from a tennis ball launcher as much as from his/her owner? How long would he/she keep it up? If the dog could be taught to drop the ball back in the machine...? Would the dog leave its owner? Is this per-pet-ual motion?

These important questions need to be answered more so than some of the current political rants.:confused:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Is this per-pet-ual motion?

:lol:

Apollo won't chase a ball. Well, sometimes he'll chase it, but then he just looks at it and moves on with his life. He's never retrieved a ball as long as I've known him, and he has never shown any interest in having the ball thrown.

He's a little weirdo.

littlelady

God bless the USA

Apollo won't chase a ball. Well, sometimes he'll chase it, but then he just looks at it and moves on with his life. He's never retrieved a ball as long as I've known him, and he has never shown any interest in having the ball thrown.

He's a little weirdo.

Our Daisy, labradoodle, is more retriever than poodle. She loves to chase the ball, and retrieves anything else she can; sticks from outside, kitchen towels of the counter, recycled paper in the bin, napkins left to close to the edge, socks, etc. She is a hoot. I think I might get one of the tennis ball auto throws. She would love it! Pets are so dear. :smile:

lucky_bee

RBF expert

He's a little weirdo.

Maggie is the same way. I've tried many dog-y things to peak her interest...nope. Nice long walks - she'd rather sit in the shade (that is if going back inside is not an option), she hates leashes. Balls, chew toys, bones...nope, nope, nope. Girlfriend doesn't enjoy swimming, playing with the cat (poor guy, he does try...), playing with ANYONE... :lol: nope. She is perfectly content to just hang out and watch life. Unless it gets too loud. Then she starts to get huffy and looks for a quieter spot to continue napping.

I have a cat-dog.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maggie is the same way. I've tried many dog-y things to peak her interest...nope. Nice long walks - she'd rather sit in the shade (that is if going back inside is not an option), she hates leashes. Balls, chew toys, bones...nope, nope, nope. Girlfriend doesn't enjoy swimming, playing with the cat (poor guy, he does try...), playing with ANYONE... :lol: nope. She is perfectly content to just hang out and watch life. Unless it gets too loud. Then she starts to get huffy and looks for a quieter spot to continue napping.

I have a cat-dog.

Apollo likes his lambie toy and his Oinkies, that's it. He's playful and likes to romp around, but he prefers to do that in a climate controlled environment. He doesn't like playing with other dogs, but he loves humans (as you may recall :lol: ). But this makes him the perfect travel dog and he does well hanging out in strange hotel rooms and cottages while Monello and I explore.

I got him one of those Kong toys, but while he loves food he does not like having to work for it. He's voting for Hillary, btw.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Apollo likes his lambie toy and his Oinkies, that's it. He's playful and likes to romp around, but he prefers to do that in a climate controlled environment. He doesn't like playing with other dogs, but he loves humans (as you may recall :lol: ). But this makes him the perfect travel dog and he does well hanging out in strange hotel rooms and cottages while Monello and I explore.

I got him one of those Kong toys, but while he loves food he does not like having to work for it. He's voting for Hillary, btw.

:lol: same for Queen Margaret. Humans are her preference. She'll lick the heck out of a spoon that's been dipped in peanut butter...but she'll walk away from those PB-filled kongs with quite a huff. She ain't got time for that :nono:

I wish Maggie travelled better, while she LOVES the car (as in, A/C pumping and a whole backseat to herself), she is incredibly anxious if I leave her alone in a hotel room or a 'strange' house. Heck, I visit my folks for long weekends several times a year, with her the past 3.5 yrs...she still gets all bent when I leave their house for an hour :lol: But when I'm there...she'd rather go off and nap in a separate room all alone.

I essentially have a grandma-cat-dog.

luvmygdaughters

:lmao: