Crabs today

Hannibal

Seabreeze. I go there often. It's a bit of a dive joint but the crabs are good. Other menu items are hit or miss.

ohstate

A bit off topic, but what is the best place to buy local crab meat (jumbo lump). I've got out of towners coming in a few weeks, and we've promised them crab cakes. I'm in southern Calvert, regularly go up to DC, so anywhere in Calvert works best, but I'm open to all recommendations. TIA.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
A bit off topic, but what is the best place to buy local crab meat (jumbo lump). I've got out of towners coming in a few weeks, and we've promised them crab cakes. I'm in southern Calvert, regularly go up to DC, so anywhere in Calvert works best, but I'm open to all recommendations. TIA.

Is the seafood place still open in Solomons?
The place in the strip mall near the 7-11?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Is the Drift Inn better than Seabreeze?
All the years that I have lived here, I have never been there ( I don't think).

TPD

the poor dad
Thinking about Seabreeze.

What are the best choices?

I prefer Sandgates over Seabreeze, though I have not had crabs at either. Capt. Leonard's is another option.

Try Kellams Seafood in Ridge. He has crab pickers on-site so you should be able to get fresh local crab meat.
http://www.kellamsseafood.com

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Two dozen soft crabs..picked 'em up 10 minutes ago. Frying pan..here we come. Along with three of Earl's Angus Porterhouse steaks...some fresh 'maters..and lots of baked beans to keep everyone moving around. ;-)
soft crabs.JPG

littlelady

God bless the USA
I am fortunate that we are a crabbing fam, thanks to FIL. We never have to search for crabs. We catch them everyday. I do want to say that Patuxent Seafood down Broomes Island have the best prices we have ever seen if one needs to buy crabs, when not wanting to go to a restaurant.

Chris0nllyn

Good luck finding local meat around here. It's mostly imported meat.

I prefer Sandgates over Seabreeze,....

Same here. I went hopping around one day just to try different crabs at different spots. Went to Seabreeze, Sandgates, and Drift Inn.

Sandgates topped the list that day.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Picked up some $7.99/lb Ribeyes from Food Lion. Wasn't expecting much, but they were about 1.5" thick and grilled up real nice.

We score those on occasion too...even though we buy an entire beef every year, those Food Lion ribeye deals are too good to pass up when they have them.