Thread: Problems with Firefox and SOMD

Problems with Firefox and SOMD

:( Started yesterday. Not sure why - but I can't get into SOMD unless I get rid of the cookies. Each time I try to refresh.

I keep getting this message and I'm not sure what started it. It's not doing it on any other website that I go to daily. (Drudge, Lucianne.com, Free Republic, Facebook)

Name:  CookiesSOMD.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  17.8 KB

I'm using Firefox and not having any trouble at all.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by belvak View Post
    I'm using Firefox and not having any trouble at all.
    I never have before this! Ever

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Had Firefox with no problems with this site for years. Sounds like something computerese messing with ya.
    “The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.” - President James A. Garfield

Blog Entries
    Facebook changed it's coding, which goofed up the cookie that gets set (because of the "connect with Facebook" feature). So when you came to the forums after being logged into FB, it created this annoying loop. As far as I can tell, this was only happening with Firefox. IE and Chrome were fine.

It's fixed now on our end, but to fix it on your computer go into your cookies and delete both the one for the forums and the one for Facebook. Then you should be able to log back into both and not have any more problems.

To delete individual cookies in Firefox:

Tools--> Options--> Privacy
    Under History, click "remove individual cookies". You want to get rid of the facebook.com folder and the forums.somd.com folder. Close that out and log back into FB and the forums.

Let me know, please, if any of you are still having problems.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Facebook changed it's coding, which goofed up the cookie that gets set (because of the "connect with Facebook" feature). So when you came to the forums after being logged into FB, it created this annoying loop. As far as I can tell, this was only happening with Firefox. IE and Chrome were fine.

It's fixed now on our end, but to fix it on your computer go into your cookies and delete both the one for the forums and the one for Facebook. Then you should be able to log back into both and not have any more problems.

To delete individual cookies in Firefox:

Tools--> Options--> Privacy
    Under History, click "remove individual cookies". You want to get rid of the facebook.com folder and the forums.somd.com folder. Close that out and log back into FB and the forums.

Let me know, please, if any of you are still having problems.
    Aha!!! I knew it wasn't my computer!

I will check this out when I get home later.

I didn't change one thing. Last night I came home and signed in, and viola! Whatever happened during the day in the cyberworld took care of the problem, because it was all back to normal!

Members who have read this thread: 9