Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having log in problems? Please read!

Blog Entries

Having log in problems? Please read!

Facebook changed it's coding, which goofed up the cookie that gets set (because of the "connect with Facebook" feature). So when you would come to the forums after being logged into FB, it created this annoying loop. As far as I can tell, this was only happening with Firefox. IE and Chrome were fine.

It's fixed now on our end, but to fix it on your computer go into your cookies and delete both the one for the forums and the one for Facebook. Then you should be able to log back into both and not have any more problems.

To delete individual cookies in Firefox:

Tools--> Options--> Privacy
    Under History, click "remove individual cookies". You want to get rid of the facebook.com folder and the forums.somd.com folder. Close that out and log back into FB and the forums.

Let me know, please, if any of you are still having problems.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Not having problems logging in (not using Facebook), but all of a sudden threads are not being marked as 'read' after I read them. Clicking on 'new threads' shows old read threads as new.

Cleared my cookies and logged back in, no change. Logging out, restarting Firefox and logging in resets the new thread flag, but not while reading threads during the session.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    Not having problems logging in (not using Facebook), but all of a sudden threads are not being marked as 'read' after I read them. Clicking on 'new threads' shows old read threads as new.

Cleared my cookies and logged back in, no change. Logging out, restarting Firefox and logging in resets the new thread flag, but not while reading threads during the session.
    Thanks! I'll direct David to your post so he can take a look.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Thanx.

When viewing posts, there used to be no difference between the 'back' button and 'new post' button when at the new post view. Now the back button refreshes the page, and DOES reset the read flag, but does not hide the read post. The new post button now all of a sudden is resetting and hiding read posts where it didn't 15 minutes ago.

However just reading a post used to clear the 'new' flag, it no longer does.
    The Brain

Having the same issue.

Blog Entries
    The thread marking problem is only in Firefox, as is the other cookie issue. My guess is that FF was updated, and that is where the problems began. Why some sites and not others? No idea. But nothing has changed on this end, and the problem is only with Firefox.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    The thread marking problem is only in Firefox, as is the other cookie issue. My guess is that FF was updated, and that is where the problems began. Why some sites and not others? No idea. But nothing has changed on this end, and the problem is only with Firefox.
    Only started this morning, and I haven't gotten a Firefox update since last week. Just coincidental with the login changes this morning.

I can work with it, it just works differently than it had.
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    I am having the same problem as GWguy but on IE, not Firefox.

Only started this morning, and I haven't gotten a Firefox update since last week. Just coincidental with the login changes this morning.

I can work with it, it just works differently than it had.
    ditto ...
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by RareBreed View Post
    I am having the same problem as GWguy but on IE, not Firefox.
    doing the same for me on IE. I have even logged out and back in and also rebooted computer. Still doesn't change read threads to unread.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.