If your car is surrounded by protesters

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Have a plan before the #### hits the fan.

“Most state’s self-defense laws allow you to use reasonable force to defend yourself and your family, but you may not use deadly force unless you are facing an imminent threat of death or great bodily harm,” Young said. “Some prosecutors could see using your car to drive away from a protest as using force, even deadly force. So the first thing you must do is assess the threat level.”

If the protestors are merely blocking your way, you may be able to use a reasonable level of force to get out of the situation, but you must remember that someone who was not at the scene will evaluate your decisions.

Call 911
Capture the Images
Keep Moving If You Can
If Things Turn Violent
If the protest turns violent and people begin throwing objects, striking your vehicle, or attempting to overturn your vehicle, you have to act quickly. If you reasonably believe the protestors are going to attempt to enter your vehicle, drag you out, and injure you, the time to use force—perhaps even deadly force—has come. Young suggests the following:

1. Immediately get your family to lay down in the car while shielding their eyes and covering their skin to protect them from breaking glass or hard objects thrown at or into the car. If possible, pull the back seat down and take cover in the trunk area.
  2. Get your car out of the danger area. Drive where you need to in order to escape. Avoid areas where your car might get stuck or hung up. If you can’t see effectively, driving “blind” is dangerous—but you have to weigh that danger against the danger of remaining where you are. If you have to use your car to push people out of the way or drive over people trying to stop you, then you must do it. Remember that you will be held accountable for your actions, so make sure you can prove that you believed you were in immediate danger.
  3. Get out of sight of the protestors. If you are in contact with the police, tell them where you are going. If not, call them immediately after you get out of the dangerous situation and be prepared to make a full report.

lock & load time

NextJen

Raisin cane
We need a catchy phrase to remember, you know, something like the 'Turn Around - Don't Drown' thing.

I know! How about, 'Crowds surround? Run them down!'

glhs837

Power with Control
"Crowd got sass? HIT THE GAS!!!!!"

But really, take a cue from the criminal playbook. Where the second an officer touches them, they start screaming "OWOWOW, YOUR KILLING ME!!!! HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!" Hit record, and make sure you document your fear "These people look dangerous, they are smacking my window and screaming things at me"

PJay

Ear plugs for me and the loudest horn I can find for them. Something that will make their ears bleed.

tommyjo

Thank GOD(!!!) for articles like this...I would never have known what to do if my car was on fire!!

Young suggests immediately leaving the vehicle if any of the follow things happen:
1.The vehicle is not operational, has stalled, or will not move.
2.There is fire inside or directly outside your vehicle.
3.Protestors are smashing your windows or attempting to make entry into your immobile vehicle.

What would we do without the expert advice of Mr. Young???

glhs837

Power with Control
Thank GOD(!!!) for articles like this...I would never have known what to do if my car was on fire!!

What would we do without the expert advice of Mr. Young???

Hmmm, judgement call, really. I'm willing to drive some ways on fire to clear the Denny zone. OF course, I know enough about cars to judge acceptable fires. Lots might not and leave into a mob when they could have driven a few miles miles.

PsyOps

Pixelated
You have probably granted her a lot more credit than she deserves.

I'm all about our disadvantaged among us learning something. It's a step in the direction of progress. It's my hope by showing her some love that she might realize she'll achieve more through being nice than being a punk.