No Mans Sky

Clem72

Wait.

Wait for them to fix the bugs.
Wait for them to add INTERESTING content.
Wait for a community to be built or for people to identify some sort of goal or purpose.
Wait for the launch price to go down ($60 is blockbuster game pricing, not indy game with 4 person dev team pricing)

Maybe this time next year they will have their #### together. And their will still be 14 quintillion planets no one has visited.

Clem72

:lmao: at those that live for these things......

Live for these things? What are you implying, that people who enjoy a bit of down time playing a video game are laughable? You know what I find funny, someone who trolls forums they obviously are not interested in just to poke fun at others. As your tagline states, you need to get a life.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Live for these things? What are you implying, that people who enjoy a bit of down time playing a video game are laughable? You know what I find funny, someone who trolls forums they obviously are not interested in just to poke fun at others. As your tagline states, you need to get a life.

Notice I said "live for". I'm implying that there are plenty of peeps that do not know the meaning of "downtime" when it comes to that kind of stuff. Pokemon Go, maybe?

You sound pretty touchy on that subject. Perhaps you'd rather be living the gaming life?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I have played it, I do not own it yet
... this is not a AAA game from the likes of Bethesda ...

the collectors edition is $ 150 comes with a tin version of the starter ship ....

my game play has been ok .... nothing remarkable - I'll go back to Elite Dangerous

Clem72

I have played it, I do not own it yet
... this is not a AAA game from the likes of Bethesda ...

the collectors edition is $ 150 comes with a tin version of the starter ship ....

my game play has been ok .... nothing remarkable - I'll go back to Elite Dangerous

Bought an expensive as all hell hotas controller for this game, and haven't really made any time to play it in the last year or so. Now I need to go buy a bunch of expansions / mods just to have the current game.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Bought an expensive as all hell hotas controller for this game, and haven't really made any time to play it in the last year or so. Now I need to go buy a bunch of expansions / mods just to have the current game.

no ...
... you can still play the original game
... but if you want landing on planets and Engineers, then yes you need the expansions
... as far as I know the vanilla version got all of the mission upgrades / fixes

I'm Glad I invested in the Alpha / Kickstarter :yahoo:

Last edited:

Clem72

no ...
... you can still play the original game
... but if you want landing on planets and Engineers, then yes you need the expansions
... as far as I know the vanilla version got all of the mission upgrades / fixes

I'm Glad I invested in the Alpha / Kickstarter :yahoo:

Actually I was talking about Elite Dangerous, I didn't make that clear.. I do also have no man's sky and occasionally play it (definitely better than launch, and I appreciate that they are still updating it).

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Gotcha ... I'm remounting my HOTAS to play some more Elite when the new update drops

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
and exploration.

yeah I got into this for exploration ... but I end up running 'RES' sites with my some to raise cash

I have never gotten past the Diamond Back Scout

the flight mechanics are so organic to me, even in the Alpha ... it is like I was raised in the cockpit

yeah I got into this for exploration ... but I end up running 'RES' sites with my some to raise cash

I have never gotten past the Diamond Back Scout

the flight mechanics are so organic to me, even in the Alpha ... it is like I was raised in the cockpit

View attachment 136487
Exploration is my favorite. Elite is a beautiful game!
To raise money for an Asp X, I mined asteroids with some trading on the side. Back then, mining was boring as hell.