Good Local Bands?

Ronan

Does anyone know of any good local bands worth checking out? I'd like to be more "in-the-know" in the local music scene. Any response would be greatly appreciated!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Does anyone know of any good local bands worth checking out? I'd like to be more "in-the-know" in the local music scene. Any response would be greatly appreciated!

I hear there's a bunch of old geezers up in Frederick reliving their adolescence, that aren't so bad you'd want to throw bottles at them.

:larry:

So_what

Yes I'm an MPD, But who's
What kind of music? Check out most any of the local bars or why not check out the Entertainment Calendar on this site? (hint, look at the top of this page) :shrug:

Chris0nllyn

Sam Grow is pretty big and local (when he's in town). Plus he's got original music instead of a bunch of covers.

Ryan Forrester Band here in Calvert is pretty good. I'm sure they have original music, but most of the time they do covers because that's what most people want at their local bar.

No Green Jelly Beenz

Ballyhoo (though not a SoMD band, they are a MD band and occasionally come to SoMD)

One Louder does a lot of 80's cover music (if they are still together).

I know there's a bunch more out there, but those are off the top of my head.

TPD

the poor dad
Speaking of music, this is our next fundraiser for SMS - a scaled down version of the Cash Bash. In addition to the $20,000 in cash prizes, we are featuring entertainment from local band Robbie Boothe and cover band from Lancaster - The Amish Outlaws!

https://rhythmandriches.com/

Hannibal

Good list above. It's been a while so I can't swear who plays local any more (or at all even) but I used to love these guys:

1) Car 54
2) Doctor's Orders
3) His Boy Elroy