Mobile Vet

NextJen

Raisin cane
I wanted to take a moment to post about an experience I had yesterday. It was a very difficult day as I had to have my twelve and a half year old Rottie put down. He had slowly declined over the past year, but had really gone downhill over the last two months and it was finally time.

It had been some time since I had him to the vet and I knew it would be nearly impossible to get him out of the house, and I also knew how stressful it would be on him to try to put him through getting him to a vet office. I did a Google search of 'Southern Maryland Mobile Vets' and found Darnell's Mobile Veterinary Service. Thankfully, and as fate would have it, she already had an appointment near my home yesterday morning and said she could come to my home afterward.

I would highly recommend her to anyone that is faced with the same situation. She was awesome. She took the time to explain everything that she was going to do, and to tell us fully what to expect as far as possible reactions and things that our dog may do or go through before she even got started. She worked with us and gave us plenty of time, and was sure to ask us if we were 'ready' before she did things. As stressful as the situation was, she really did her best to help us through it.

Also of note was the folks that we contacted to come and pick up my dog's remains. I would highly recommend Pawsitive Passage in Leonardtown. We contacted them around 12:30pm yesterday and they were able to get out to our house by 3:00pm to pick him up. They were very caring and respectful.

Kudo's to Dr. Darnell and the guys at Pawsitive Passage.
Hope this helps for anyone who may need these services.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I wanted to take a moment to post about an experience I had yesterday. It was a very difficult day as I had to have my twelve and a half year old Rottie put down. He had slowly declined over the past year, but had really gone downhill over the last two months and it was finally time.

It had been some time since I had him to the vet and I knew it would be nearly impossible to get him out of the house, and I also knew how stressful it would be on him to try to put him through getting him to a vet office. I did a Google search of 'Southern Maryland Mobile Vets' and found Darnell's Mobile Veterinary Service. Thankfully, and as fate would have it, she already had an appointment near my home yesterday morning and said she could come to my home afterward.

I would highly recommend her to anyone that is faced with the same situation. She was awesome. She took the time to explain everything that she was going to do, and to tell us fully what to expect as far as possible reactions and things that our dog may do or go through before she even got started. She worked with us and gave us plenty of time, and was sure to ask us if we were 'ready' before she did things. As stressful as the situation was, she really did her best to help us through it.

Also of note was the folks that we contacted to come and pick up my dog's remains. I would highly recommend Pawsitive Passage in Leonardtown. We contacted them around 12:30pm yesterday and they were able to get out to our house by 3:00pm to pick him up. They were very caring and respectful.

Kudo's to Dr. Darnell and the guys at Pawsitive Passage.
Hope this helps for anyone who may need these services.

So sorry about your pup. :huggy:
I have known Dr Darnell and have referred people to her and to Pawsitive Passage for a long time. I am glad they made a difficult time much easier for you.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
:frown: so sorry NJ. This part is never easy.

It is comforting to know though, that there are professionals around that are willing to take the time and extra care to ensure our four-legged family members receive the utmost care during such a difficult time. Thank you for sharing :huggy:

Roman

So sorry for your loss NextJen. I worked with Dr. Darnell when the Calvert Well Pet first opened. She is really compassionate about her job, and is very good at it. I hope that you are doing better today. I know it's hard.

luvmygdaughters

So sorry NextJen, its one of the hardest things we have to do in life, saying goodbye to a loved one. Glad they helped make it a little easier for you.