What Donald Trump Knew About Undocumented Workers.....

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
If I may...

"In the summer of 1980, Donald Trump faced a big problem. For six months, undocumented Polish laborers had been clearing the future site of Trump Tower, his signature real estate project on Manhattan’s Fifth Avenue, where he now lives, maintains his private offices and hosts his presidential campaign.

The men were putting in 12-hour shifts with inadequate safety equipment at subpar wages that their contractor paid sporadically, if at all. A lawyer for many of the Poles demanded that the workers be paid or else he would serve Trump with a lien on the property. One Polish worker even went to Trump’s office to ask him for money in person, according to sworn testimony and a deposition filed under oath in a court case.

For help, Trump turned to Daniel Sullivan, a 6-ft. 5-in., 285-lb. labor consultant, FBI informant and future officer of the Teamsters Union. “Donald told me he had difficulties …,” Sullivan later testified in the case. “That he had some illegal Polish employees on the job.” "

Much more here: http://time.com/4465744/donald-trump-undocumented-workers/?xid=homepage

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
1980. mmmkay... Lessee...who was Bill Clinton raping in 1980? Whowee...he was on a roll about then.

And who could forget about this?? (besides brain-dead Dems, I mean).
The Whitewater controversy (also known as the Whitewater scandal, or simply Whitewater) began with an investigation into the real estate investments of Bill and Hillary Clinton and their associates, Jim and Susan McDougal, in the Whitewater Development Corporation, a failed business venture in the 1970s and 1980s.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
from the OP's Article

Kaszycki, who has since died, testified that he accepted Trump’s $775,000 fee offer flat out.

Macari paid the Polish workers cash ....

Now 80, Albin Lipinski is a U.S. citizen. Speaking through an interpreter at his home, he displayed his hand, still scarred from the accident, but says he supports Trump for President. Twenty-seven years after signing an affidavit about his meeting with Trump and testifying under oath about it, he now says he did go to Trump’s office but never met Trump. “I went to the office because I was mad I wasn’t being paid,” he says through a translator, but “I never met Trump.” Jozef and his brother say their father has begun forgetting things in his old age.

In the end, Szabo and the Labor Department won a judgment of $254,523.59 against Kaszycki.

so trump hires a guy for a flat fee ...
.... that guy hires some undocumented workers - this is somehow trumps fault

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Well..boy isn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier...and he just posts what he is paid to post. I think he and BB/BS/Milly are all the same person IRL.

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
from the OP's Article so trump hires a guy for a flat fee ....... that guy hires some undocumented workers - this is somehow trumps fault

Further in the article;

"But thousands of pages of documents from the case, including reams of testimony and sworn depositions reviewed by TIME, tell a different story. Kept for more than a decade in 13 boxes in a federal judiciary storage unit in Missouri, the documents contain testimony that Trump sought out the Polish workers when he saw them on another job, instigated the creation of the company that paid them and negotiated the hours they would work. The papers contain testimony that Trump repeatedly toured the site where the men were working, directly addressed them about pay problems and even promised to pay them himself, which he eventually did."

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Further in the article;

" repeatedly toured the site where the men were working, directly addressed them about pay problems and even promised to pay them himself, which he eventually did."
good for him. Right?

Never thought I would see the boy come out as a Trump fan.....but there it is.

Millburn

good for him. Right?

Never thought I would see the boy come out as a Trump fan.....but there it is.

How does this make him a Trump fan???He posted something that you said he doesn't do and that was an honest fact he posted which all so contradicts what you posted in #4 of the same thread .