Texas elector threatens not to vote Trump

Millburn

Chris Suprun is a member of the Electoral College from Texas, a state the GOP can reliably count on to deliver votes every four years to the Republican presidential nominee.
But this year, with Donald Trump sitting atop the ticket, Suprun is warning he might not cast his electoral vote for the GOP standard-bearer. Indeed, he won’t rule out throwing his vote to Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton if Trump doesn’t moderate his demeanor.
Story Continued Below

“I’m not a professional politician. I’ve got no training on this one,” said Suprun. “The nominee is … saying things that in an otherwise typical election year would have you disqualified.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/...llege-texas-chris-suprun-227422#ixzz4IOXPig6j
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
“I’m not a professional politician. I’ve got no training on this one,” said Suprun. “The nominee is … saying things that in an otherwise typical election year would have you disqualified.”

Awww... need a safe space, Chrissy? :poorbaby:

:rolleyes:

What a ####ing nation of idiots we've become.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Awww... need a safe space, Chrissy? :poorbaby:

:rolleyes:

What a ####ing nation of idiots we've become.

:lol: and :yeahthat: Poor Chrissy, as you say, has no clue. Period. And, the word that stood out to me is 'demeanor'. Has Chrissy taken a good look at Hillary? I think not.

And, vrai, could you please extend the edit time to be longer than 2 minutes? Just asking. I am the edit queen, after all, and my mind has become clogged with our moving and all. Yes, moving (which I am doing) is one of the top most stressful things one does in their life. This forum helps me come back to Earth. I think. :lol:

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Faithlessness
Main article: Faithless elector

A faithless elector is one who casts an electoral vote for someone other than the person pledged or does not vote for any person. Twenty-four states have laws to punish faithless electors. In 1952, the constitutionality of state pledge laws was brought before the Supreme Court in Ray v. Blair, 343 U.S. 214 (1952). The Court ruled in favor of state laws requiring electors to pledge to vote for the winning candidate, as well as removing electors who refuse to pledge. As stated in the ruling, electors are acting as a functionary of the state, not the federal government. Therefore, states have the right to govern electors. The constitutionality of state laws punishing electors for actually casting a faithless vote, rather than refusing to pledge, has never been decided by the Supreme Court. While many only punish a faithless elector after-the-fact, states like Michigan also specify that the faithless elector's vote be voided.[41]

As electoral slates are typically chosen by the political party or the party's presidential nominee, electors usually have high loyalty to the party and its candidate: a faithless elector runs a greater risk of party censure than criminal charges.

Faithless electors have not changed the outcome of any presidential election to date. For example, in 2000 elector Barbara Lett-Simmons of Washington, D.C. chose not to vote, rather than voting for Al Gore as she had pledged to do. This was done as an act of protest against Washington, D.C.'s lack of congressional voting representation.[42] That elector's abstention did not change who won that year's presidential election, as George W. Bush received a majority (271) of the electoral votes.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
EXPOSED: Faithless Elector Chris Suprun Paid for Ashley Madison While Bankrupt & Married With 3 Kids

Chris Suprun is one of 38 Texas electors. He recently went public with his decision to go against the will of the people of Texas; he will not be honoring his pledge to vote for President Elect, Donald Trump.

Chris Suprun has taken quite a beating on social media by Americans who are outraged at his decision to go rogue. There was even a petition started to have him removed and replaced.

Eyebrows were raised and suspicions grew over what Mr. Suprun’s intentions really are after he penned an op-ed in the New York Times over his decision to be a ‘faithless elector’. Shockingly, his Twitter bio directs media inquiries to P.R. firm, Megaphone Strategies. This P.R. firm represents radical left wing organizations like Black Lives Matter and even reps CNN’s ultra left wing radical, Van Jones.

Leave it to the great sleuthing via Got News to peel back the layers of the onion to fully expose Chris Suprun.

a history of poor choices