Obama’s Sneak Attack on US Sovereignty Sets Stage for Climate Regulation Nightmare

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Obama’s Sneak Attack on US Sovereignty Sets Stage for Climate Regulation Nightmare

“Be afraid, be very afraid of the U.N. agenda,” Marano said. “The U.N. has been trying now since at least 1992 to get the U.S. tied up in an environmental regulatory scheme … but the United Nations openly admits they want to redistribute wealth via climate policy. It’s social engineering.”

The situation is all the more alarming because the will of the American people has been clear for years: Voters don’t want overly restrictive climate change regulations. Not only has cap-and-trade consistently gone down in legislative flames – not only has the United Nations failed to receive U.S. Senate ratification on its many environmental treaties and accords. But these climate skeptic camp wins have come even as Democrats have held a clean sweep of the country’s highest political offices == while holding majorities in both House and Senate and serving under their own party’s president.

“We are facing political defeat for the first time on global warming,” Marano warned.

All eyes may be currently turned on the presidential campaign. And voters of free-market minds and conservative bents may be waiting with anticipation and relief for the exodus of Obama. But his departure does not automatically undo the last eight years. Remember, it was Attorney General Loretta Lynch who said in early 2016 her “goal is to position” the Justice Department to continue President Obama’s law enforcement agenda, long after he leaves office.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You guys realize all we're talking about here is trading one anti Constitutional President with another, yes? I'm not making a judgment because neither one of them is new nor unique in this regard and there is clearly some good for the goose, good for the gander in the prospect of the next President just doing whatever the hell they like, but it's the same thing either way; further diminution of he Constitution.

I suppose one could be fatalistic and just say 'this is the world we live in' but it would do well to keep in mind, Trump, like Obama and Bush before him, will be leaving sooner or later. The damage they did and he may do, will remain.

:buddies:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You guys realize all we're talking about here is trading one anti Constitutional President with another, yes? I'm not making a judgment because neither one of them is new nor unique in this regard and there is clearly some good for the goose, good for the gander in the prospect of the next President just doing whatever the hell they like, but it's the same thing either way; further diminution of he Constitution.

I suppose one could be fatalistic and just say 'this is the world we live in' but it would do well to keep in mind, Trump, like Obama and Bush before him, will be leaving sooner or later. The damage they did and he may do, will remain.

This is the world we live in.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is the world we live in.

It's the world we choose. If nothing else, Trump has proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that we, the people, CAN stop doing the same thing over and over again. Trump is no more a Republican than Hillary. He needed the party affiliation to win. So, if we, the people, actually choose, say, you or Vrai or itsbob or Tilted or whomever and actually support them and vote for them, the parties do go away.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

you do realize that Trump hasn't actually done anything unconstitutional.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
you do realize that Trump hasn't actually done anything unconstitutional.

Yes. As far as I can tell, he isn't President yet.

That said, the things he said that, ostensibly, his supporters like, you do realize some of them would be profoundly unconstitutional, yes? Or, is the point that no one is going to hold him any more accountable for what he promised than the last two presidents?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Yes. As far as I can tell, he isn't President yet.

That said, the things he said that, ostensibly, his supporters like, you do realize some of them would be profoundly unconstitutional, yes? Or, is the point that no one is going to hold him any more accountable for what he promised than the last two presidents?

The point is that you're trying to hold him accountable for things that could happen, rather than what has happened. Watch how things play out before saying how ####ed up they are, the results could be far different than your doom and gloom forecasts.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The point is that you're trying to hold him accountable for things that could happen, rather than what has happened. Watch how things play out before saying how ####ed up they are, the results could be far different than your doom and gloom forecasts.

That is stupid. There is NO reason, no evidence to suggest Donald Trump is suitable to trust with the constitution, that he respects or admires it or even knows a damn thing about it. There is every reason to be highly skeptical of him in that regard. He has the job. Fine. He, her, any president should be watched 24/7 and presumed to be up to no good. That is our common, collective experience. All of us. The time to watch dog a hired hand, especially one you only hired in anger and sense of frustration, who has few to none of the typical qualifications, is NOW and every single second until they prove otherwise. Then , watch them some more.

He's gonna do great for America? Fine. Prove it, Donald. While we keep an eye on you.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
That is stupid. There is NO reason, no evidence to suggest Donald Trump is suitable to trust with the constitution, that he respects or admires it or even knows a damn thing about it. There is every reason to be highly skeptical of him in that regard. He has the job. Fine. He, her, any president should be watched 24/7 and presumed to be up to no good. That is our common, collective experience. All of us. The time to watch dog a hired hand, especially one you only hired in anger and sense of frustration, who has few to none of the typical qualifications, is NOW and every single second until they prove otherwise. Then , watch them some more.

He's gonna do great for America? Fine. Prove it, Donald. While we keep an eye on you.

What's stupid is your belief in the ability to see into the future, deal with the here and now.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What's stupid is your belief in the ability to see into the future, deal with the here and now.

Trump has expressed a strong fondness for eminent domain. He has also expressed interest in stronger anti libel laws. That is here and now. Deal with that. Or, after the scorpion talks you into a ride across the pond and bites you anyway, don't act surprised.

Now, another here and now is Trump's penchant for shedding debt. I'd LOVE it if he holds true to that form and writes off student loans, mortgages and credit debt and raises interest rates to 7%. The economy will EXPLODE and everyone who took a hair cut will be earning real money on new lending.

*disclaimer; I've never been a scorpion.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Trump has expressed a strong fondness for eminent domain. He has also expressed interest in stronger anti libel laws. That is here and now. Deal with that. Or, after the scorpion talks you into a ride across the pond and bites you anyway, don't act surprised.

Now, another here and now is Trump's penchant for shedding debt. I'd LOVE it if he holds true to that form and writes off student loans, mortgages and credit debt and raises interest rates to 7%. The economy will EXPLODE and everyone who took a hair cut will be earning real money on new lending.

*disclaimer; I've never been a scorpion.

What has he done as president? NOTHING. Your prescience aside, you have no idea what his policies will be.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What has he done as president? NOTHING. Your prescience aside, you have no idea what his policies will be.

Is this how to go about life? Hire someone based on what you know of them and what they say they'd do and then wipe the slate clean on day 1 and say "Come on. Not judging here. Let's see what you've got."

No one hires a plumber based on that let alone a heart surgeon let alone the most powerful job in the history of the freaking planet.