S.P.E.C.I.A.L. problem

BOP

So it's like this: I'm playing on xbox with several mods, locations, cleanup, weapons, armor. Only two personal mods, one for appearances and one for vasakai (vampire). I deleted the last one, did not change my problem, which is as follows: all my SPECIAL traits are at 1, 3, 1, 3, 5, 2, and 4 (unchanged). Normally, they should be at 3, 6, 6, 8, 7, 5, and 4. And, in fact, when I go to level up, that's exactly what they are, but in the Pip Boy, they show as the former.

Also, there's a little pill-shaped icon in the lower right-hand corner of my Pip Boy, no idea what it means. My character is not addicted, I know this from going to the wasteland doctors.

Any thoughts? All my googles turn up is results for character creation, nothing on issues.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
so are your stats actually lower ?
maybe the Vampire Mod lowers your stats in the sun light ?

From Nexus Mods:

What this mod does (short version)
Once installed, you will find a vasaki blood pack near the post-war V111 entrance (in the blue building). Any character on any difficulty that drinks this blood will gain the perk "Vasaki" that makes all the magic happen:

• A thirst for blood is added, similar to survival thirst/hunger.
  • Drink blood is an interaction with some dead bodies. This is the best way to satisfy blood thirst, especially when you need blood.
  • A small amount of life-giver style healing (a lot less than life giver).
  • Agi +1, Str +2, HP +20
  • Falling damage is reduced and jump height is increased.
  • Addiction duration is a little less
  • Addiction chance is a lot less
  • All effects (good and bad) are half from the following types of items: alcohol, chem, drink, food, nuka cola, stimpak, and water.

Characters that don't drink the vasaki blood shouldn't really be affected. There's a few new craftable items, including a settings holotape.

the Pill Icon means I am under the affect of the Mole Rat Disease

- I got bit in Vault 81 going back in the other part of the Vault and chose to cure the child instead of keeping the cure for myself

BOP

so are your stats actually lower ?
maybe the Vampire Mod lowers your stats in the sun light ?

From Nexus Mods:

What this mod does (short version)
Once installed, you will find a vasaki blood pack near the post-war V111 entrance (in the blue building). Any character on any difficulty that drinks this blood will gain the perk "Vasaki" that makes all the magic happen:

• A thirst for blood is added, similar to survival thirst/hunger.
  • Drink blood is an interaction with some dead bodies. This is the best way to satisfy blood thirst, especially when you need blood.
  • A small amount of life-giver style healing (a lot less than life giver).
  • Agi +1, Str +2, HP +20
  • Falling damage is reduced and jump height is increased.
  • Addiction duration is a little less
  • Addiction chance is a lot less
  • All effects (good and bad) are half from the following types of items: alcohol, chem, drink, food, nuka cola, stimpak, and water.

Characters that don't drink the vasaki blood shouldn't really be affected. There's a few new craftable items, including a settings holotape.

the Pill Icon means I am under the affect of the Mole Rat Disease

- I got bit in Vault 81 going back in the other part of the Vault and chose to cure the child instead of keeping the cure for myself

How do you cure it?

BOP

uninstall the MOD would be my guess ....

Did that, didn't change my stats.

<break, break>

So when you buy the Fallout 4 game CD for PC, you're not really buying the Fallout 4 game, are you? You're buying steam access, and they're allowing you to download and use Fallout 4, right?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Did that, didn't change my stats.

<break, break>

So when you buy the Fallout 4 game CD for PC, you're not really buying the Fallout 4 game, are you? You're buying steam access, and they're allowing you to download and use Fallout 4, right?

IIRC: the DVD came with half the game, which you installed, popped in your Steam Code and downloaded the rest ...

Fallout 4 PC Physical Copy Requires You to Download Almost 20GB

looking on amazon its available for $ 30 bucks [digital - which says 'download code'] or Physical - DLC Sold Separately

if you are going to purchase for your PC - IMHO, you should just google 'Fallout 4 Steam Code' and buy the cheapest code, from a reputable re-seller

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
and the cheeky answer to fix your stat problem:

This would be for PC.

player.setav <variable> <amount> - Sets actor values to a given amount (S.P.E.C.I.A.L., skills, resistances, actionpoints, health, etc). Using setav will affect the perk chart and unlock new perks for the player to select from. So, if you want to set your charisma to 5, just type "player.setav charisma 5".

BOP

and the cheeky answer to fix your stat problem:

This would be for PC.

player.setav <variable> <amount> - Sets actor values to a given amount (S.P.E.C.I.A.L., skills, resistances, actionpoints, health, etc). Using setav will affect the perk chart and unlock new perks for the player to select from. So, if you want to set your charisma to 5, just type "player.setav charisma 5".

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go.

I haven't played PC games since probably Ultima 8, so in some ways, I'm a noob. I did not know you could shop for prices for Steam games.

Speaking of PC games, the frame rate is making my eyes hurt; how do I fix it?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I did not know you could shop for prices for Steam games.

Im not sure how it works ... but there re-sellers that sell the activation codes cheaper that you can by on steam

Speaking of PC games, the frame rate is making my eyes hurt; how do I fix it?

on the PC ?

it could be the refresh rate ...
... although that is not as adjustable as it used to be with CRT Monitors

you could turn down the brightness