NO Arrests in Saturday's Sobriety Checkpoint in Charlotte Hall

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: NO Arrests in Saturday's Sobriety Checkpoint in Charlotte Hall

Date: 08-27-2016 02:59 PM

Summary: An early morning sobriety checkpoint, conducted in Charlotte Hall by the state police, resulted in no arrests. One civil citation for marijuana was issued.

Click here for the full story...

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
"The operation was conducted early this morning from midnight until 2:14 a.m."

They may as well run these things from 8:00am - 11:00am Sunday mornings.

The bars are just closing down and they pack up for the night. What a ####ing waste of resources...

glhs837

Power with Control
"

They may as well run these things from 8:00am - 11:00am Sunday mornings.

Thats speed enforcement time on Rt 235 between San Souci, no time for DUI enforcement then. Because that's when speed related crashes happen, 0830 Sunday morning..... Should wait til 11am and get the people leaving that church, thats when it scary.

officeguy

What a waste of money. Not a single person was deterred from driving drunk by that checkpoint.

Good thing that it is federal government money. So it is free. It just shows up if you write some grant applications.

frequentflier

happy to be living
As they also announce the location of the checkpoint, nobody in their right mind will drink and drive THAT stretch of highway.

Many years ago in Fl, there was one twisty two lane back road that I often travelled where they did surprise checkpoints. They had cars to chase people that turned around. I remember getting a warning for a turn signal light not working or something stupid (but amazingly enough) never got a DUI on that road. Many people I knew back then, did.

officeguy

15 officers, 2 hours each makes 30hrs overtime :bonk:

450 drivers bothered and all the cops netted was a single pot < 10g ticket.

Restitution

On another note....

It was quite fun watching the sheriff in the marked SUV on NB235 yesterday continually watch multiple vehicles race up the turn lane at San Soucci and pull the immediate U-turn to continue NB as well as cut through the PNC Bank lot to evade the signal. Must have seen 12 cars do this in the time we were sitting at the signal light. He was in the right-most drive lane too so he could have easily pulled out and done something about it.

I guess he was on his way back for change of shift... not his problem :shrug: