Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

The 49ers issued a statement about Kaepernick's decision: "The national anthem is and always will be a special part of the pre-game ceremony. It is an opportunity to honor our country and reflect on the great liberties we are afforded as its citizens. In respecting such American principles as freedom of religion and freedom of expression, we recognize the right of an individual to choose and participate, or not, in our celebration of the national anthem."

The NFL also released a statement, obtained by NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport: "Players are encouraged but not required to stand during the playing of the national anthem."

By taking a stand for civil rights, Kaepernick, 28, joins other athletes, like the NBA's Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony and several WNBA players in using their platform and status to raise awareness to issues affecting minorities in the U.S.

considering where he his and how much he is getting paid :bs:
but hey if America is so damned oppressive, he can go live in Russia or China

Hijinx

Colin Kaepernick signed a 6 year, $114,000,000 contract with the San Francisco 49ers, including a $12,328,766 signing bonus, $61,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $19,000,000. In 2016, Kaepernick will earn a base salary of $11,900,000, a roster bonus of $2,000,000 and a workout bonus of $400,000.

This POS is making this kind of money to play football and he is bitching about America.
He could be part of the graduates from college who burdened themselves with great debt to get an education and came out with no money and no job.
Instead he got free college on a athletic scholarship,became a millionaire overnight and he bitches.

#### him and the horse he rode in on. Find someone else to take his place, find an American.not a bigoted fool.

I don't have tickets to his games, and I hope those that do cancel them or throw them in the trash---where this clown belongs.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
He can go ahead and 'splain all he wants. He has nothing to say about those that will do their 'splainin directly to him.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
#### him. If he thinks black people are discriminated against in the US (which has a black president, btw), he can go piss up a rope. I hope he doesn't get a single endorsement from white America.

SamSpade

#### him. If he thinks black people are discriminated against in the US (which has a black president, btw), he can go piss up a rope. I hope he doesn't get a single endorsement from white America.

I really think when people say stuff like this, they need to visit some other countries. He'll still be shielded from some racism abroad, because he's rich, and one color they don't necessarily discriminate against is green. Lots of other nations have no laws whatsoever against racism, and it occurs, the police will shrug and do nothing. We were told in Eastern Europe that African Americans in our group would be attacked if they were alone at night, and the cops wouldn't help. We only heard similar in China.

That said - he has a right to not stand. I think it's rude and inconsiderate, but this is America, and you can be rude and inconsiderate. It's allowed, even if liberals want to pass laws about it. What annoys me is his rationale. I think he's going to find a lot of Americans are going to exercise THEIR First Amendment rights by telling to go piss up a rope.

Millburn

He is a pissant!His talent is gone ,his reputation in the NFL sucks and if he goes anywhere it will be Canada put I doubt he can play there ,he will be gone from the NFL in a year.

SamSpade

He is a pissant!His talent is gone ,his reputation in the NFL sucks and if he goes anywhere it will be Canada put I doubt he can play there ,he will be gone from the NFL in a year.

I stayed with a Canadian family back in the 70's and I never saw such a racist group of folks in my life. For them it was Pakistanis. They ordered pizza, aware that the delivery man would be Pakistani, but insisted I pay him. When I came back with the pizzas, they asked me how I endured the smell, while others were on the floor mockingly holding their noses and gasping.

I saw similar behavior from the French Canadians.

I think what gets me about some places I've gone is that open displays of racism don't seem to be as strongly disapproved of as they are here.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Perhaps this was just Kaepernick's desperate attempt to make himself relevant. It's all-to-common for these big money elitists to become so narcissistic that they need to be in the limelight in some manner. I expect now, he will 'soul-seek' and come out and apologize; but only to remain in that small period of relevance. I'm wondering how much influence from his agent played into this.

That being said... I'm always astounded that it's not enough that someone, through their talent and the freedoms this country provides for someone to make the kind of money he makes, can so easily lose sight of this blessing. A black man (yes, I know he's mixed race), adopted by white parents, making millions complains about the oppression of black people by white people. Dictionary publishers need to paste his picture of him next to the word "ironic" and "ignorance".

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I stayed with a Canadian family back in the 70's and I never saw such a racist group of folks in my life. For them it was Pakistanis. They ordered pizza, aware that the delivery man would be Pakistani, but insisted I pay him. When I came back with the pizzas, they asked me how I endured the smell, while others were on the floor mockingly holding their noses and gasping.

I saw similar behavior from the French Canadians.

I think what gets me about some places I've gone is that open displays of racism don't seem to be as strongly disapproved of as they are here.

Most people are like that. We're pc because nothing makes an American happier than exerting control over on another.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Just waiting for his first appearance before a bunch of boos and razzing, and his calling those racists and bigots......opposing opinions are just as valid, eh?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
That said - he has a right to not stand. I think it's rude and inconsiderate, but this is America, and you can be rude and inconsiderate.

yep, and as a consumer, I can do everything in my power to vote with my wallet

Grumpy

What's funny is that he was fined last year or the year before for a racist slur aimed at a black player.

Hijinx

What's funny is that he was fined last year or the year before for a racist slur aimed at a black player.

Google==== Colin Kaepernick converts to Islam.

There are several sites that affirm that he has converted to Islam, If that is so, then there is no doubt why he sat during the National Anthem.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Barry supports KKKolin

#BLMers gotta stick together. Barry has to grab some of the headlines, after all with him it's all about ME, ME, ME.

President Barack Obama says San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is "exercising his constitutional right" not to stand for the national anthem.

The president said he has no doubt that Kaepernick is sincere and "cares about some real, legitimate issues."
Obama said he hasn't paid close attention to the matter, but he added that Kaepernick has generated more national conversation about "issues that need to be talked about."

This trend is growing with the perpetual adolescent crowd. Current count is 4 and 3 of those are NFLers.

Kaepernick kneeled during the national anthem during the 49ers' final preseason game. He had sat during the anthem in previous preseason games.He was joined by teammate Eric Reid in kneeling, and Seattle Seahawkscornerback Jeremy Lane sat down during the playing of the national anthem at another preseason game last week.
Women's soccer player Megan Rapinoe kneeled during the anthem before an NWSL game Sunday, calling it "a nod to Kaepernick."

Don't you forget about me - BHO

Hijinx

#BLMers gotta stick together. Barry has to grab some of the headlines, after all with him it's all about ME, ME, ME.

This trend is growing with the perpetual adolescent crowd. Current count is 4 and 3 of those are NFLers.

Don't you forget about me - BHO

There are always morons who will follow the lead of other morons.

As for Obama he and his repulsive wife have a record of not respecting the flag or the anthem also, but with them I put it down as arrogance more so than trying to make a really bad display of ignorance.

Certainly Obama would go along with this as he has always done whatever he can to divide the races.
He is one of the ring leaders of bigotry in this country.

Last edited: