These horrible people

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
http://deadline.com/2016/08/rob-lowe-comedy-central-roast-ann-coulter-1201809836/

“Ann (Coulter) describes herself as a polemicist but most people call her a c***” said Saturday Night Live‘s Pete Davidson, who then muttered “a racist c***” under his breath.

“What is it like to be a real life supervillain,” asked comedian Nikki Glaser. “The only person you’ll ever make happy is the Mexicans that dig your grave.”

Even the death of Pete Davidson’s firefighter father that day (9-11) wasn’t spared. “This is not the roast of Pete Davidson’s father, that was in 2001,” said Carr in one of the darker zings.

Jesus. Who talks like that? What is wrong with these people??

Hijinx

http://deadline.com/2016/08/rob-lowe-comedy-central-roast-ann-coulter-1201809836/

“Ann (Coulter) describes herself as a polemicist but most people call her a c***” said Saturday Night Live‘s Pete Davidson, who then muttered “a racist c***” under his breath.

“What is it like to be a real life supervillain,” asked comedian Nikki Glaser. “The only person you’ll ever make happy is the Mexicans that dig your grave.”

Even the death of Pete Davidson’s firefighter father that day (9-11) wasn’t spared. “This is not the roast of Pete Davidson’s father, that was in 2001,” said Carr in one of the darker zings.

Jesus. Who talks like that? What is wrong with these people??

I have seen a couple of these before and they seem to get off on the nastiest crap they can think of.

It's sure not your Dean Martin roasts.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It really should be emphasized that this is a roast. This not unusual, AT ALL, FOR A ROAST these days and I mean the last 20 years or more. They are SUPPOSED to be vulgar in the extreme, nasty and no holds bared. They just are. If you don't like that, don't watch or read about it or listen. These are professional entertainers who've spent their lives considering material from the most sweet and tender things imaginable to the darkest. That, simply put, is the business. Personally, I can't stand them because there is nothing creative or clever about them. It's like they all go out and decide to just #### on one another, damn near literally.

So, I know enough to know I have zero interest in them.

Welcome to free speech. :shrug:

Pete

Repete
It really should be emphasized that this is a roast. This not unusual, AT ALL, FOR A ROAST these days and I mean the last 20 years or more. They are SUPPOSED to be vulgar in the extreme, nasty and no holds bared. They just are. If you don't like that, don't watch or read about it or listen. These are professional entertainers who've spent their lives considering material from the most sweet and tender things imaginable to the darkest. That, simply put, is the business. Personally, I can't stand them because there is nothing creative or clever about them. It's like they all go out and decide to just #### on one another, damn near literally.

So, I know enough to know I have zero interest in them.

Welcome to free speech. :shrug:
I think the point is that it was a roast of Rob Lowe, Coulter was a guest and it turned into a Coulter roast. At that point it went even more vulgar and nasty than normal for a vulgar and nasty event. It was a golden opportunity for the vapid left to go no holds barred against a target they were drooling over under the guise of "It's a roast".:shrug: Of course I WANT to say Coulter, a well known lightning rod of the right and flame thrower herself should have known this was coming and she is a fool for agreeing to go. But she was pumping her latest book and this event is not bringing the spotlight to it. She sat through an hour of grotesque humiliation at the hands of her ideological foes in order to sell a million more books vilifying those same people for being grotesque and belligerent. Genius.

Chris0nllyn

I think the point is that it was a roast of Rob Lowe, Coulter was a guest and it turned into a Coulter roast. At that point it went even more vulgar and nasty than normal for a vulgar and nasty event. It was a golden opportunity for the vapid left to go no holds barred against a target they were drooling over under the guise of "It's a roast".:shrug: Of course I WANT to say Coulter, a well known lightning rod of the right and flame thrower herself should have known this was coming and she is a fool for agreeing to go. But she was pumping her latest book and this event is not bringing the spotlight to it. She sat through an hour of grotesque humiliation at the hands of her ideological foes in order to sell a million more books vilifying those same people for being grotesque and belligerent. Genius.

But that happens at every roast. Anyone who signs up for one knows what they're getting into and have every right not to participate.

She took it in stride, but some of them were pretty damn funny.

“If you are here, Ann, who is scaring the crows away from our crops?”

“I’m not the only athlete up here. As you know, earlier this year, Ann Coulter won the Kentucky Derby.”

“Ann is against gay marriage. What is your thinking on that? If I can’t get a husband, they can’t either?”

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
And one of the reasons I love Ann is that her reaction to this sort of thing is beautiful. She said after, "My whole life has been an Ann Coulter roast."

Sometimes shes a little more extreme than I care to be with things, but on the whole I admire her greatly. Shes tough and witty and a great writer. She went on there knowing full well what she was doing..she can't even do a simple interview without idiots calling her nasty things. She just doesn't care. looks like she is trying to access the younger irreverent people that are trump fans, and despite the media saying they dont exist, they totally do.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have seen a couple of these before and they seem to get off on the nastiest crap they can think of.

It's sure not your Dean Martin roasts.

It's sure not. Those were lightly insulting and all in good fun. These are downright vicious.

I expect nothing less from the Left. And then they whine and pule about how mean Donald Trump is.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
She took it in stride, but some of them were pretty damn funny.

How are they funny, yet when Trump makes a comment about Carly Fiorina's sour puss, he gets lambasted as a misogynist and hateful jerk?

PS, by some of the exact same people who are chuckling about these ugly comments about Ann Coulter.

Chris0nllyn

How are they funny, yet when Trump makes a comment about Carly Fiorina's sour puss, he gets lambasted as a misogynist and hateful jerk?

PS, by some of the exact same people who are chuckling about these ugly comments about Ann Coulter.

If I were to put myself out there as some public figure, especially politically, I'd expect some of the public to disagree with me.

I also think a Comedy Central Roast is the place for said jokes, maybe not so much a presidential debate, but that's just me.

Personally, they both are public figures who stand by their words. Some people like it, some don't.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

I find this interesting. Donald Trump is dragged ALL over social media and the main stream media for being "mean" and saying "mean" things about people or mocking a disabled person etc. However, when a liberal does it, (especially to a conservative woman) under the guise of "its a roast" its suddenly really funny. They believe she deserves it because they have deemed it so. And it doesn't even hit them as hypocritical.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Maybe they should offer a trigger warning?

*Warning: The following is a roast of ________________ However, roasts, as a matter of course, end up roasting everyone at least a little."

I feel like you people opened up a Slayer album and can't believe...it's a Slayer album.

Chris0nllyn

I find this interesting. Donald Trump is dragged ALL over social media and the main stream media for being "mean" and saying "mean" things about people or mocking a disabled person etc. However, when a liberal does it, (especially to a conservative woman) under the guise of "its a roast" its suddenly really funny. They believe she deserves it because they have deemed it so. And it doesn't even hit them as hypocritical.

It's also funny during every White House correspondents dinner.