If you're a liberal and want to vote for Hillary....

This_person

...Why in the heck would you not vote for Johnson instead?

Johnson has all of the liberal policies without any of the lying, cheating, stealing, killing, or years of endless controversies. He has none of the Bill Clinton impeachment and rape baggage.

What would make you not be actively trying to get Johnson elected instead of Hillary?

Hijinx

...Why in the heck would you not vote for Johnson instead?

Johnson has all of the liberal policies without any of the lying, cheating, stealing, killing, or years of endless controversies. He has none of the Bill Clinton impeachment and rape baggage.

What would make you not be actively trying to get Johnson elected instead of Hillary?

Johnson doesn't have a Vagina, and this is the year of the vaginal first president.

This_person

Johnson doesn't have a Vagina, and this is the year of the vaginal first president.

I'm actually trying to be serious with the resident liberals. I don't believe the average, run-of-the-mill liberal is actually someone who wants to hurt the country. I get that they believe a Trump presidency would hurt the country. I don't have to agree with them to get it.

But, even liberals don't like Clinton. She has something like a 70% disapproval rating among liberals; just like Trump has a huge disapproval rating among conservatives.

Johnson is far more liberal in most every way than Clinton. But, he doesn't have the baggage of dishonesty, extreme carelessness with national security issues, Bill Clinton, decades of scandal, or the health questions.

Why in the heck are people like Milblue and NHBoy not going gangbusters for Johnson?

Hijinx

I'm actually trying to be serious with the resident liberals. I don't believe the average, run-of-the-mill liberal is actually someone who wants to hurt the country. I get that they believe a Trump presidency would hurt the country. I don't have to agree with them to get it.

But, even liberals don't like Clinton. She has something like a 70% disapproval rating among liberals; just like Trump has a huge disapproval rating among conservatives.

Johnson is far more liberal in most every way than Clinton. But, he doesn't have the baggage of dishonesty, extreme carelessness with national security issues, Bill Clinton, decades of scandal, or the health questions.

Why in the heck are people like Milblue and NHBoy not going gangbusters for Johnson?

Problem is you refer to BB and Milburn and NHboy as if they are typical liberals.
You forget that even the average liberals have a higher IQ than what they have shown.

And I am serious. Many are voting for the First Vagina. Just as they voted for the first Black.

Millburn

Really grown up response.Is it any wonder people look at you laugh and shake their heads?Hillary can run a country better than anyone else running for President.

Hijinx

Really grown up response.Is it any wonder people look at you laugh and shake their heads?Hillary can run a country better than anyone else running for President.

I am not the one shouting lets elect the first woman President.

Your poor, sad, pathetic,liberal. Please show me a link to something Hillary ran that was successful.

tommyjo

Probably for the same reason Republicans who hate Trump will vote for him...they think their choice is binary. They are the products of a century of brainwashing and think they can only vote for a someone with a D or R after their names.

SamSpade

Probably for the same reason Republicans who hate Trump will vote for him...they think their choice is binary. They are the products of a century of brainwashing and think they can only vote for a someone with a D or R after their names.

That's not "brainwashing", that's cold, hard pragmatism, since it has been over 150 years since any candidate other than a D or R has won.
Even THEN, the winning party was the previous version of the Republican Party - the Whigs - before it came back as a cobbling together of different parties.

For many, a vote FOR Trump is a vote AGAINST Hillary, since for Hillary to lose, the only person with any chance of beating her is Trump.

I mean, when I flip a coin, it might be heads or tails - but it might land on its side. But only an idiot would bet on that.

Chris0nllyn

...Johnson is far more liberal in most every way than Clinton. But, he doesn't have the baggage of dishonesty, extreme carelessness with national security issues, Bill Clinton, decades of scandal, or the health questions...

He's certainly got some liberal ideas. Some have come out recently that I really don't agree with at all, but I understand that the things he was talking about are very low on the "to-do" list.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say he's "far more liberal in most every way" than Clinton. Especially regarding fiscal issues.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

But first, Hillary is a Democrat. And that's who Democrats vote for: Democrats. They don't really have a solid ideology, except for "vote for the Democrat".

When a young black man was running against an old white man in Maryland, who did black people vote for? The old white man, because he was a Democrat. A couple of times they've done that: Steele vs. Cardin, and Lollar vs. Hoyer.

So thinking the hiveminds that make up the Democrat party are going to vote for anyone who isn't a Democrat, yeah, not gonna happen. Sure, a few of them have minds of their own and are capable of independent thought, but most of them don't and aren't.

They're not terribly different from Republicans, although the GOP hasn't been able to generate the kind of blind loyalty the Democrats have.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
When a young black man was running against an old white man in Maryland, who did black people vote for? The old white man, because he was a Democrat.

and Black Democrats largely paint any 'conservative' black as a Tom, and Oreo ...... or otherwise a sellout to his heritage

to which a majority will not vote for - even though the Democrats keep black on the plantation

This_person

He's certainly got some liberal ideas. Some have come out recently that I really don't agree with at all, but I understand that the things he was talking about are very low on the "to-do" list.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say he's "far more liberal in most every way" than Clinton. Especially regarding fiscal issues.
I guess I am thinking in terms of what a president can actually do in terms of regulation and policies. We know no president's budget ever gets implemented (though Obama's gets far more problems than most), so when I think "in every way" I think "that a president has influence over".

For example, through regulation he can impose his "Global Warming" initiatives, but he can't balance the budget (that's a congressional act, not an executive one).