14 down to 11

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Six years after President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, into law, nearly 11 percent of Americans remain without health insurance.

According to a new Gallup poll, 10.8 Americans are still living without health insurance in 2016, more than half a decade after the president’s health-insurance-for-all program was passed and two years after the law’s individual mandate went into effect. Gallup notes the vast majority of the still-uninsured are minorities, young adults and low-income Americans.

The U.S. Census Bureau states that in 2010, the percentage of people without health insurance was 16.3 percent. The percentage of people without health insurance in 2008 – two years before Obamacare was passed – was about 14.8 percent.

Additionally, 15.5 percent of respondents to the poll said that they had lacked the ability to pay for their health insurance or necessary medications at some point in 2016, a drop of only three percent since Gallup asked the same question in 2010. The polling group notes:

Even though fewer Americans are struggling to afford healthcare, other Gallup trends suggest that the Affordable Care Act may not be meeting its goal of reducing healthcare costs...

Gallup also previously reported that since the individual mandate took effect, there has been a rise in the percentage of U.S. adults paying for all or some of their health insurance premiums who say that their premiums have gone up "a lot" over the past year.

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/six-years-after-obamacare-11-percent-remain-uninsured

I'm sure every fee increase was worth it

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Find those that are insured that had a major illness or injury in the preceding year..

Lets ask those people how they like their coverage and if they are still financially stable after having to pay their new deductibles..

Hijinx

Find those that are insured that had a major illness or injury in the preceding year..

Lets ask those people how they like their coverage and if they are still financially stable after having to pay their new deductibles..

I am waiting for TJ to come and tell me how great Obamacare is doing.
I am sure she know's She knows eevvveeeerything.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I am waiting for TJ to come and tell me how great Obamacare is doing.
I am sure she know's She knows eevvveeeerything.

I hope she is taking full advantage of all the free pregnancy-preventive options. It would be a tragedy if another of her were to spring from her womb......

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I hope she is taking full advantage of all the free pregnancy-preventive options. It would be a tragedy if another of her were to spring from her womb......

:yeahthat: :yikes:

Attachments

• Aliens-Movie-Chestburster.jpg
    Aliens-Movie-Chestburster.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 147

Hijinx

For the same result, they could have just paid the health care of that 3% - for a lot less.

I have said that many times/. If they had just bought insurance for those without it, the whole thing would have been cheaper, but they would not have had the incentive to destroy the health care we had so they could eventually get to Government insurance for everyone.

officeguy

I am sure it is all the Republicans fault because obama had to make so many compromises to get their votes. What you say it was passed without a single republican vote? Doesn't matter, still the Republicans fault.