HoyerObamaCare: Md. Health Insurers Want 28% Rate Hike; Consumers Face Agonizing Choices

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: HoyerObamaCare: Md. Health Insurers Want 28% Rate Hike; Consumers Face Agonizing Choices

Date: 08-31-2016 10:01 AM

Summary: Consumers who aren't covered by employer insurance plans, or earn too much to qualify for Medicaid, will face steep premium increases in the Individual (or Indy") Market averaging 28% higher than last year under the Affordable Care Act, if the Maryland Insurance Administration approves the proposed hikes.

Click here for the full story...

stgislander

PREMO Member
Ugh!!! My wife and I are self-insured. She would qualify for subsidies but I don't, so we both pay the full cost. My wife has a Silver plan with a separate prescription deductible. I'm already on the cheapest Bronze plan available. We cannot afford a 28% rate hike next year. :tantrum: :banghead:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Ugh!!! My wife and I are self-insured. She would qualify for subsidies but I don't, so we both pay the full cost. My wife has a Silver plan with a separate prescription deductible. I'm already on the cheapest Bronze plan available. We cannot afford a 28% rate hike next year. :tantrum: :banghead:

You should ask all of our Hillary Supporters to donate to your cause.. Bernie supporters I'm sure will give 2 or 3 times more than Hillary supporters do..

Since this is what they want us to do as a nation, they should have no issue doing it for somebody local, and personal.

Ask your boss for a raise. I'm sure he'll .... oh. wait.. nebermind...

I can afford it, but it negates the raise I just gave myself, and the new car I was looking at. I know that sounds a little uppity, but I really do feel for those who are struggling now. I was there for a long time.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Many on this forum think so. :razz:

Many? Oh come on now. Lessee..there's TJ, of course, and BB. But everyone else luvs me. :howdy:

Welp..gotta run along and see if I can figure out the glitch in the payroll system that just popped up...preventing certain checks from going out. Darned software.

Many? Oh come on now. Lessee..there's TJ, of course, and BB. But everyone else luvs me. :howdy:

Welp..gotta run along and see if I can figure out the glitch in the payroll system that just popped up...preventing certain checks from going out. Darned software.

Lemme guess..... stgislander's check is in that batch, right?

glhs837

Power with Control
anyone have a transcript of Stenys town hall from a few years back? The one where his panel of experts declared that Obamacare was going to do amazing things?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Last year's increase for me was 20%, from $1,000 to $1,200 per month and my deductible went from 0 to $5,000.

This year is going to be interesting.

I notice TJ, BB, Boy, and the other Liberal holes are not making any comments on this thread....and they love Obamacare

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
MD Blue Cross

$ 366 last yr, $412 this yr
[subsidized prices - I make less that $ 25 bucks an hour - yeah let that sink in a minuet]

awesome another 28% next yr

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Last year's increase for me was 20%, from $1,000 to $1,200 per month and my deductible went from 0 to $5,000.

This year is going to be interesting.

I notice TJ, BB, Boy, and the other Liberal holes are not making any comments on this thread....and they love Obamacare

So your real increase was from $12,000 a year out of pocket to 19,400 a year out of pocket or a 62% increase in costs in a single year.

Thanks LIBS!!

Chris0nllyn

People with insurance through their employer should expect an increase soon also.

Luckily, my company isn't raising rates this year, but they did say "medical care inflation and expenses related to complying with
the staggered Affordable Care Act (ACA) rollout continues to be a concern" ... "employee premiums for the PPO will most likely increase next benefit year"