Very odd property

luvmygdaughters

oooh...oooh, I've driven by that place before and always wondered what the hell it was. Of course, I still don't know what the hell it was used for...but looks intriguing!

Goldenhawk

I really wish there were a moderation system for real estate photos. Photographer reflected in the bathroom mirror, duplicated photos, fingertip in front of the lens... really? That's the best you can do when you're trying to convince someone to give you $260,000?

Goldenhawk

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/video/crazy-obsession-cabbage-patch-kids-15829056

And now you know what the green room was for, displaying the cabbage patch dolls. Also built like a ferris wheel for them and such.......
That is really, truly disturbing.

Who knew we had a world-famous one-of-a-kind museum right here in Callaway?!

More photos of the inside of that room here, full of every bit of Cabbage Patch memorabilia possible:
http://www.vice.com/read/if-you-hav...-largest-collection-of-cabbage-patch-kids-245

A year ago they put up the entire collection for sale for $360k. Wonder if it sold. But it's clear from the listing photos that the stuff is all moved out. They have an eBay store with a TON of stuff available, so maybe they're selling it piece by piece now.

Interesting quote from the link above:
Before traveling to Maryland for the documentary, the couple told me over the phone that they would be willing to act however we'd like them to for the piece. In previous media appearances, they explained, they'd done things to seem crazier for the cameras, at the insistence of producers—like the time they appeared on a television show pretending to have raised a Cabbage Patch Kid named Kevin as though he were an actual child (something they assured me was not actually true).

I got the impression that the Proseys were willing to play up their craziness because it gave them control over it. By pretending to be weirder than they are, they were able to get in on the joke. Which is not to say they're not crazy. They're definitely spend-$1 million-on-dolls crazy. Just not raise-a-doll-as-though-it's-a-real-child crazy.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I really wish there were a moderation system for real estate photos. Photographer reflected in the bathroom mirror, duplicated photos, fingertip in front of the lens... really? That's the best you can do when you're trying to convince someone to give you $260,000?

I couldn't find any fingers or reflections in the pictures. :confused:

Anyway, with enough artificial sunlight, you could make one hell of an indoor organic/hydroponic herb garden. I wish I had the resources to invest. Food connoisseurs would travel for miles around. :yay:

Hey Gilligan! Do have a 1/4 mil laying around getting moldy? :nomoney:

It used to be a "thing" to make sure you were caught in a reflection in your picture, but nekked, on eBay and similar sites.

Spook

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
:ohwell: I've cracked too many camera lenses and mirrors.

And I got a call from eBay..... something about their customers throwing up on their computers.

I feel your pain. Some people can twerk half nekkid and get all sorts of interwebs kudos. Me?..I get thrown out of Home Depot for that.
I'm really getting sick and tired of being addressed as "sir". Followed immediately by "we're going to have to ask you to leave. You're drunk"

BernieP

Resident PIA

officeguy

That's a 2.7acre residential lot on a highway. The structures have no real value. May be worthwhile if one can subdivide it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
great place for someone with a huge Lego collection or other collectable hobby

DannyMotorcycle

lol i want to disassemble the shelving and use it all for motorcycle storage. Do they sell the merry go round too? i wonder how much they got paid to be on the show..
I wonder where they moved to and what their current set up looks like.. I wonder how much they make off that stuff. So many cabbage patch questions... so few answers.

ok after reading the link i see they're selling their collection and movign to cali to be with their grandkids... and of course they were actin for the show but the wife has a genuine attachment to them.

Last edited:

nutz

I feel your pain. Some people can twerk half nekkid and get all sorts of interwebs kudos. Me?..I get thrown out of Home Depot for that.
I'm really getting sick and tired of being addressed as "sir". Followed immediately by "we're going to have to ask you to leave. You're drunk"

:killingme

wineo

loving life
It's were they displayed all the Cabbage Patch Dolls they collected. They were on TV for them.........Can you say CRAZY. The husband carries one around while shopping.......