Tropical Storm Hermine

All forecasts have been updated. It's expected now to pass over the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay Sunday with winds around 60mph.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Should be a lot of good surfing action at your beaches up there this weekend.

Hessian

Check local rain forecasts...this might bring over 3+ inches by the time its done. With the farms & lawns being BAKED dry,...run off might be a problem because it can't absorb it all.

Winds...blah...I suspect bay & river frontage might get some gusts but most little different from a typical thunder squall.

Check your generators people...get an extra tank of gas just in case, but Hermine looks sorta dull.

3CATSAILOR

Forecast changes daily. Especially with unorganized storms such as this. In fact the most recent radar still shows how unorganized it is.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
All forecasts have been updated. It's expected now to pass over the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay Sunday with winds around 60mph.

My 12 year old comment that something called Hermine can't be very bad. I reminded him that Hurricane Irene was the one that took out two cars and part of our detached garage so don't judge based on the name.

OldHillcrestGuy

Its now a Hurricane. Lucky me I leave for Myrtle Beach Friday morning, looks like I'm heading right into the storm, should be some fun driving down 95. The bright side of this, Friday my traveling day will be nasty, but by Friday night it should be all over and heading up the coast to Virginia.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Not it's looking like SoMD is in the clear except some rain and wind ruining the long weekend.

For anyone interested, BJs has propane refills (not exchange) for $9.99, $12.99 for non-members.

awpitt

Main Streeter
A little more info...

Tropical Storm Warning
Weather Updated: Sep 02 11:13AM
Issued by the National Weather Service
en-US TROPICAL STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT ...TROPICAL STORM WARNING IN EFFECT... A TROPICAL STORM WARNING MEANS TROPICAL STORM WIND CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED SOMEWHERE WITHIN THIS AREA AND WITHIN THE NEXT 36 HOURS * LOCATIONS AFFECTED - ST MARYS CITY * WIND - LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: BELOW TROPICAL STORM FORCE WIND - PEAK WIND FORECAST: 20-30 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 45 MPH - CURRENT THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY: ELEVATED - REMAIN BRACED AGAINST THE REASONABLE THREAT FOR TROPICAL STORM FORCE WIND OF 39 TO 57 MPH.

Attachments

• TSW.jpg
    TSW.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 315

Chris0nllyn

Slowly tracking back north at the tail end of the 72 hour forecast.

Yesterday's forecast had it going out to the ocean, then the 8am model showed it tracking more north, and now the 11am model shows it even more north, adding the watches posted above.

I'd like to see this afternoon's model and see if it shifts north any more.