Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DoD cracking down on using Government Credit Cards for Strip Clubs

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Seems to me someone is confused with that statement...17 days of MI&E and its only $151, $8.91 a day???
    Could be. Per Diem is generally a lot more than that, unless the PO1 was billeted on a base with suitable accommodations. If that is the case, then it is probable that suitable messing was available at the galley, and the 8.91 may be the appropriate comrat rate? I've been out of the loop for 15 years now, but that 17 days sure sounds like a reservist doing a 17 day AT at their gaining command, possibly.

Just sayin'.......
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    Every time I read an article like this they fail to mention that the person gets an allotted amount per day no matter where it is spent. Just because a government card was used there does not mean it was free, that comes from their per diem and they have to pay the card balance.

The first gas station outside of China Lake NAS was classified as a liquor store and wouldn't let me use the card there to even pay at the pump. I called the card company and told them and that was their reply, "that isn't a gas station it is a liquor store".

I would also like to point out that most of their per diem goes straight to the card company and when they over pay them it takes forever to get that money back from the credit card company. Additionally they send me my bill before I even make it home and bitch at me for not paying it before I even return from travel.
    I have friends that are DoD engineers and I see their pain when we're together on site. I know a couple senior folks that refuse to travel any more. So glad I'm on the "outside".
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Seems to me someone is confused with that statement...17 days of MI&E and its only $151, $8.91 a day???
    I do believe that is per day, sounds about right for most places. A cot and meals aboard a military installation costs more than $9/day.

Here are lodging rates for Maryland, meal allowance is almost always around $60/day.

http://www.gsa.gov/portal/category/100120
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Darn, now what are the officers going to do?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.