"I'll starve first!!!!"

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/0...goes-on-hunger-strike-over-tenure-denial.html

Going on hunger strike because the university president vetoed the staff recommendation for tenure. Have a hungry time, buddy.

"Rojo has taught Spanish language and literature at the college since 2008.

A committee voted to recommend Rojo for tenure in December, but college President Alison Byerly denied his tenure, saying he didn't exhibit "distinctive" teaching abilities."

His ####ing job could be filled by any number of qualified political science majors, with a minor in language arts. I'm sure they'd be happy to rise above flipping burgers. He should be happy they don't have an anti-ghey policy at Lafayette. /rant

Hijinx

"Rojo has taught Spanish language and literature at the college since 2008.

A committee voted to recommend Rojo for tenure in December, but college President Alison Byerly denied his tenure, saying he didn't exhibit "distinctive" teaching abilities."

His ####ing job could be filled by any number of qualified political science majors, with a minor in language arts. I'm sure they'd be happy to rise above flipping burgers. He should be happy they don't have an anti-ghey policy at Lafayette. /rant

What does tenure have to do with keeping his job? They do not intend to fire him.
Like parole in prison , if you don't get it the first time out, wait and file again.
Isn't that the way it works.?

Millburn

What does tenure have to do with keeping his job? They do not intend to fire him.
Like parole in prison , if you don't get it the first time out, wait and file again.

I believe it or not agree with you.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

"He said that he has received a lot of support for his decision and he said that if he doesn’t get tenure he would have to choose another career of uproot his family."

I assumed this statement meant that he would no longer teach at Lafayette. It reads like BigBlueGumSunday may have written it, but I believe he means to leave Lafayette.

Hijinx

"He said that he has received a lot of support for his decision and he said that if he doesn’t get tenure he would have to choose another career of uproot his family."

I assumed this statement meant that he would no longer teach at Lafayette. It reads like BigBlueGumSunday may have written it, but I believe he means to leave Lafayette.

Isn't that his decision and not the college's> I mean being turned down for tenure does not mean his job is gone does it?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Isn't that his decision and not the college's> I mean being turned down for tenure does not mean his job is gone does it?

Yes. No.

He is the one who, it sounds like, plans to leave if he isn't granted tenure. Instead of working hard to better his position at attaining tenure, he is going to give up the burritos and refried beans until they give in and grant him tenure. Basically he sounds like a spoiled brat that is going to hold his breath until his mother gives in and lets him have dessert without eating his veggies.

Hijinx

Yes. No.

He is the one who, it sounds like, plans to leave if he isn't granted tenure. Instead of working hard to better his position at attaining tenure, he is going to give up the burritos and refried beans until they give in and grant him tenure. Basically he sounds like a spoiled brat that is going to hold his breath until his mother gives in and lets him have dessert without eating his veggies.

Makes it sound a lot like he doesn't deserve tenure doesn't it?