Cowboys and Indians (Pipeline security and Native Americans)

glhs837

Power with Control
So, I see all the inflammatory videos posted on FB, decrying why the networks wont cover this "uprising", with accompanying text that tells me how the NAs are protecting thier land and native sites....... but what I see factually reported says it's not even crossing the res, nor any sacred sites?

OMG! mercenaries turned loose. But what I see is a mob climbing over fences into a private construction site attacking workers.

OMG!!! They pepper sprayed us!!! And turned the dogs loose on us!!!! But what I see is 10 workers and security guys defending themselves against a mob.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
So, I see all the inflammatory videos posted on FB, decrying why the networks wont cover this "uprising", with accompanying text that tells me how the NAs are protecting thier land and native sites....... but what I see factually reported says it's not even crossing the res, nor any sacred sites?

OMG! mercenaries turned loose. But what I see is a mob climbing over fences into a private construction site attacking workers.

OMG!!! They pepper sprayed us!!! And turned the dogs loose on us!!!! But what I see is 10 workers and security guys defending themselves against a mob.

YouTube? Facebook? Democratic National Committee website?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The stories I have read stated that the Native American Nation was trying to get an injunction filed with the Courts to stop the pipeline, but before they could get it done, the company came in and bulldozed Sacred Burial Grounds and other artifacts.

Grumpy

The stories I have read stated that the Native American Nation was trying to get an injunction filed with the Courts to stop the pipeline, but before they could get it done, the company came in and bulldozed Sacred Burial Grounds and other artifacts.

Don't you know that an even-toned rebuttal of someone's rant on here isn't allowed??

glhs837

Power with Control
No website, it's stuff appearing in my FB feed, I have quite a range of political and social thought represented there. SO, that "sacred burial site" thing. See, that gets fishy. It's not like there were placards and signs, saying "Ancient Indian burial ground, RIGHT HERE". No that designation came from a tribal guy right at the end of the previous week. No corroboration, just his opinion. Not the tribes land, he walked over it and decided that it was just chock full of stuff. I'm looking for factual information, but it's hard to come by.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Don't you know that an even-toned rebuttal of someone's rant on here isn't allowed??

Sad. I know. I have a good friend that is NA of the Navajo Nation. They don't want the oil or money. They need WATER!

officeguy

Yup, crosses outside of the Rez. If they made me king of their tribe, I would have negotiated with the pipeline company to run it right through the tribal lands in exchange for a 100year lease (with the money poured into the tribal community college). But nobody ever accused the leadership there to be smart.

glhs837

Power with Control
Exactly. The more I look, the more I see a case of useful idiots. The tribal expert who identified the site (late last week) as having stuff like artifacts and stone circles (but as far as I know, didnt actually document any of this stuff photographically) has also identified six other sites that oddly enough were above a buried pipeline that went down like 20 years ago :)

There's been public comment going on for two years notices in the tribal papers, the pipeline route has taken a lot of other changes to accommodate other sites. Looks like they just wanted to tie the company up in legal crap until they just gave up. Competeing experts just dragging on.....and on......and on.....

Hijinx

Yup, crosses outside of the Rez. If they made me king of their tribe, I would have negotiated with the pipeline company to run it right through the tribal lands in exchange for a 100year lease (with the money poured into the tribal community college). But nobody ever accused the leadership there to be smart.

They should have had Jesse Jackson negotiating for them. The least they would have gotten was a Budweiser franchise.

Hijinx

Jesse Jackson corruption is minor league compared with reservation level corruption.

I made my post more or less as a humorous look at this mess.
Fact is I don't know who is right or wrong in this mess

Is it a burial ground or are the Indians after a payoff?
What is their reason for this?

Either they are concerned about the Indian burial grounds or do they want money.
It has to be one or the other.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I made my post more or less as a humorous look at this mess.
Fact is I don't know who is right or wrong in this mess

Is it a burial ground or are the Indians after a payoff?
What is their reason for this?

Either they are concerned about the Indian burial grounds or do they want money.
It has to be one or the other.

NA's take their culture and ancestors very seriously. I have learned a lot from my friend. She was quite surprised and impressed when I was able to wrap their son on the baby board (I can't remember the actual name).