This is why I love Americans

SamSpade

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...able-gaffe-touches-off-merch-meme-frenzy.html

Just days after Hillary Clinton said she regretted calling half of Donald Trump supporters a “basket of deplorables,” some of those supporters are embracing the title -- while enterprising web retailers seize the moment by quickly churning out a line of "deplorables" merchandise.

Team Deplorable! :patriot:

I explained the other day to my older daughter that "Yankee Doodle" is an INSULT. The word "macaroni" at the time meant, "fashionable".
They're mocking the colonists by calling them Yankee Doodle and saying they're such nitwits, they think it's high fashion to stick a feather in your cap.

So what do we do? We own it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I explained the other day to my older daughter that "Yankee Doodle" is an INSULT. The word "macaroni" at the time meant, "fashionable".
They're mocking the colonists by calling them Yankee Doodle and saying they're such nitwits, they think it's high fashion to stick a feather in your cap.

So what do we do? We own it.

Really!?! I have never heard this before.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

:dude:

A very liberal friend of mine was trying to "'splain away" what Hillary said, asking me "Did you really want to include myself in that half she said were in the basket?" I replied that having that old witch express her sympathy for me if I was in the other half instead (which she did), certainly wasn't any better.

SamSpade

Really!?! I have never heard this before.

Yup. I always knew the song's lyrics - at least the first verse - was mocking Americans, whom the British regarded as ignorant bumpkins - an attitude that cost them many battles.

It was only a few years ago I learned that saying something was "macaroni" was saying, ooh, that cool stuff from Italy? It's so -- macaroni. It was just a word they used to mean "tres chic!".

tommyjo

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...able-gaffe-touches-off-merch-meme-frenzy.html

Just days after Hillary Clinton said she regretted calling half of Donald Trump supporters a “basket of deplorables,” some of those supporters are embracing the title -- while enterprising web retailers seize the moment by quickly churning out a line of "deplorables" merchandise.

Once again proving P.T. Barum's old adage about a sucker being born every minute...

So here is what Ms. Clinton said:

“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?

The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic — you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.

He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people — now how 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric.

Now, some of those folks — they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America. But the other basket — and I know this because I see friends from all over America here — I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas — as well as, you know, New York and California — but that other basket of people are people who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they’re just desperate for change. It doesn’t really even matter where it comes from. They don’t buy everything he says, but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won’t wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroine, feel like they’re in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well.
QUOTE]

So...just to be clear on what the Board Mommy is stating...

1. She claims to be all knowing about the media and consistently claims the "MSM" is focusing only on portions of what Mr. Trump says. Yet, she completely ignores the full text of Ms. Clinton's comments...which as you can see are quite different when taken in context.

2. She and the rest of you blathering idiots...claim allegiance to The Deplorables...so which portion do you claim? Are you Racist? Sexist? A Homophobe? An Islamophobe? Or Xenophobic?? You have to be one of those...because you all state that you are Deplorable...and since Ms. Clinton clearly delineated between those who are looking for change and The Deplorables. So congrats...when you are next called any of those names, you have no ability to deny them as you have clearly admitted to being one or all of those. Way to go!!

This_person

Once again proving P.T. Barum's old adage about a sucker being born every minute...

So here is what Ms. Clinton said:

“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?

The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic — you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.

He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people — now how 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric.

Now, some of those folks — they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America. But the other basket — and I know this because I see friends from all over America here — I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas — as well as, you know, New York and California — but that other basket of people are people who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they’re just desperate for change. It doesn’t really even matter where it comes from. They don’t buy everything he says, but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won’t wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroine, feel like they’re in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well.

1. She claims to be all knowing about the media and consistently claims the "MSM" is focusing only on portions of what Mr. Trump says. Yet, she completely ignores the full text of Ms. Clinton's comments...which as you can see are quite different when taken in context.

2. She and the rest of you blathering idiots...claim allegiance to The Deplorables...so which portion do you claim? Are you Racist? Sexist? A Homophobe? An Islamophobe? Or Xenophobic?? You have to be one of those...because you all state that you are Deplorable...and since Ms. Clinton clearly delineated between those who are looking for change and The Deplorables. So congrats...when you are next called any of those names, you have no ability to deny them as you have clearly admitted to being one or all of those. Way to go!!

PT Barnum never said that, but you believe in fairy tales so it makes sense you buy that one, too.

Joining the "deplorables" is like joining the "bitter clingers" - that is to say that we know the claim to be false, so we'll remind you of the mistake of calling us that at every turn.

SamSpade

So congrats...when you are next called any of those names, you have no ability to deny them as you have clearly admitted to being one or all of those. Way to go!!

You're an idiot. Apparently you have no idea what it means to own an insult. The whole point is to insult the person who gave it to you.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Um, yeah, except that I "stated" no such thing in that post. I simply linked to a story about people selling merchandise.

I really wish you'd get the help you so desperately need. Don't you have a family or friends who can do an intervention?