Large repaving job, who to call?

glhs837

Power with Control
So it looks like the private road might not make it another winter without suffering a lot more deterioration. We are talking 1/4 mile long, 16 feet wide. Most likely needs ground down and repaved with some sections maybe needing deeper repair. And two of the five homeowners wanting rework on their driveways to boot, probably not to that level. I've got a call in to the Trading Post. Not a fan of Marini, who else is there?

Tomboy38

repaving

Legal Company Name: C.A. BEAN, INC.
SBContract ID: CRR00000000000244718
Telephone: 301-994-9027
Fax: 301-994-9086

Physical Address:
21603 BEAN FAMILY LANE
CALIFORNIA, Maryland 20619-2315
USA
Map This Location
Mailing Address:
21603 BEAN FAMILY LANE
CALIFORNIA, Maryland 20619-2315
USA

Ownership: Women Owned
Business Size: Small Business

Bonehead

So it looks like the private road might not make it another winter without suffering a lot more deterioration. We are talking 1/4 mile long, 16 feet wide. Most likely needs ground down and repaved with some sections maybe needing deeper repair. And two of the five homeowners wanting rework on their driveways to boot, probably not to that level. I've got a call in to the Trading Post. Not a fan of Marini, who else is there?

Why not a fan of Marini ? The reason that I ask is I am getting a bid from them this weekend.

glhs837

Power with Control
Why not a fan of Marini ? The reason that I ask is I am getting a bid from them this weekend.

Had him come out and quote my driveway back last fall. Just rubbed me the wrong way, in addition to being higher than the other guys. My coworker just had her huge driveway done by him and was happy with the results, however. Said he was not the lowest of highest bid.

nutz

Austin Asphalt 301-645-2420 is 1st choice, White Plains paving is ok too 301-645-3068

glhs837

Power with Control
Just horrible getting responses. Only one out of three calls. Did have one call that said they were giving the call to someone to come estimate. That was Tuesday...... Last Tuesday. I get that time to come estimate a job isnt easy to come by, but a call that you cant get to it yet beats the hell out of leaving the potential customer hanging

Bonehead

Just horrible getting responses. Only one out of three calls. Did have one call that said they were giving the call to someone to come estimate. That was Tuesday...... Last Tuesday. I get that time to come estimate a job isnt easy to come by, but a call that you cant get to it yet beats the hell out of leaving the potential customer hanging

I have the same problem. No communication from 3 contractors, Marini is the only one that has responded. Pretty high bid in my opinion.

glhs837

Power with Control
So, was supposed to meet with a guy who had previously provided an estimate based solely on knowing the size of the road. Said he could walk it with me on Friday or Sat, never called to say Hi, Bye or Boo. Very frustrating, this. Not sure why getting someone to even just come price a job is so hard.