Remains of Militiaman killed in Syria coming home to St. Mary's Co.

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
Not sure what to make of this one:

William Savage died Aug. 10 in northern Syria while fighting with a Kurdish militia backed by the United States. (Photo courtesy Brenna Savage)

Savage, 27, a native of St. Mary’s County in Maryland, was killed Aug. 10 while attempting to evacuate other people from a building that was under shelling by militants near Manbij, family members said. He, too, attempted to join the military but couldn’t enlist because of a history of seizures, his sister said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...litiamen-killed-in-syria-returned-to-the-u-s/

State Department officials have said that they were helping the families of the three men recover their remains. But the U.S. government has declined to offer official condolences, disappointing some of them.

Attachments

• william-savage.jpg
    william-savage.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 645

BernieP

Resident PIA
Seeing as how the Kurds oppose ISIS / ISIL I'd say he should be given the respect of a decent burial.
He was doing a service for his country that will never be recognized.

The Kurds seem to be a group we should embrace, all they want is their freedom, first from Saddam, Turkey, now ISIS and Syria.

Forkian

Seeing as how the Kurds oppose ISIS / ISIL I'd say he should be given the respect of a decent burial.
He was doing a service for his country that will never be recognized.

The Kurds seem to be a group we should embrace, all they want is their freedom, first from Saddam, Turkey, now ISIS and Syria.

The media does a terrible job of explaining the Who's Who and agendas of all of the groups over there. IF this man went there to fight ISIS, then I agree that he should be given some respect and a decent funeral.