Trump Criticizes Flint Pastor But Misstates Key Facts About Their Encounter

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
"Donald Trump is lashing out against an African-American pastor who interrupted him Wednesday to chide him for campaigning in her Flint, Mich., church.

"Something was up," Trump told Fox and Friends on Thurday morning. "I noticed she was so nervous when she introduced me."

"When she got up to introduce me she was so nervous, she was shaking. I said, wow, this is kind of strange. Then she came up. So she had that in mind, there's no question," Trump said.

I was in the room as a pool reporter at the time and here's what happened: Trump visited Bethel United Methodist Church on Wednesday afternoon after briefly touring Flint's water treatment plant. (Flint has become a must-visit campaign stop this year, because of its high-profile water quality crisis.)

Pastor Faith Green Timmons introduced Trump to the predominantly African-American crowd of about 50 people, and she didn't appear nervous at all."

More here: http://www.npr.org/2016/09/15/494064219/trump-criticizes-flint-pastor-but-misstates-key-facts-about-their-encounter?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=politics&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nprnews

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
where exactly was this reporter standing ?
was she on stage next to Trump

more Opinion being passed off as NEWS and FACTS

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
where exactly was this reporter standing ?
was she on stage next to Trump

I guess the reporter was with Trump and the pastor as they met before coming into the room with all that bottled water and audience.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
In other news, Mike 'The Gentle Giant' Brown's hands were up as he pleaded Don't shoot.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Stop it, NPR. We all saw the video. The second Trump said anything negative about their girl Hillary, that pastor ran up on the stage and told him to stop. Guess Google will have to scrub that vid, too. Can't have the voters getting too much information outside the state run media.

LC_Sulla

Stop it, NPR. We all saw the video. The second Trump said anything negative about their girl Hillary, that pastor ran up on the stage and told him to stop. Guess Google will have to scrub that vid, too. Can't have the voters getting too much information outside the state run media.

Here's my take.
1. Trump wanted to stump speech.
2. Lady asked him nicely to stop.
3. Trump politely stopped.

Should have been the end of the story, right there. No harm, no foul.

Why did the story keep going? Where was the next time it was brought up? By whom?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why did the story keep going? Where was the next time it was brought up? By whom?

By the media people who were cackling that Trump got bitch slapped by the black lady pastor in Flint. Trump was mostly responding to that, not her specifically.

What's he supposed to do when the press dogpiles on him and massages their stories to paint him in a bad light and pump up their girl Hillary? Should he just ignore it? I can't be the only person who appreciates it when he calls these people out.

seekeroftruth

Here's my take.
1. Trump wanted to stump speech.
2. Lady asked him nicely to stop.
3. Trump politely stopped.

Should have been the end of the story, right there. No harm, no foul.

Trump kept it going.... even bad press is good

:coffee: