Transport Help Needed ( 2nd post)

andy682

Guinea Pigs, Guinea Pigs, Guinea Pigs!!! 219 of the Guinea Pigs seized by Tri-County Animal Shelter have been released by they're former owner and are now looking to enter foster care. Due to limited space and resources the pigs need to be distributed to various rescues along the east coast and some will hopefully be traveling to the Midwest. I'm posting this to the forum in hopes that some of the group might be able to help, if you are interested in helping, perhaps your heading out in one of the directions already (????) and don't mind a little company, please contact Lauren @ petunia_loo@yahoo.com or join the transport list by visiting http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gpig_transport . Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. Current trips we are looking at are NJ, TX, IN, NC and FL.

Thanks for reading :)
Stace

PS. If you think you will be traveling through any of these states or traveling nearby and are interested please contact the transport group (listed above), no one is expected to transport guinea pigs from here to they're new address alone (Thought I should mention that )

andy682

YES!!

Appy,
Please contact Judi Lainer (Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue) @ Bunsnpigs@aol.com. Tri-county doesn't foster directly so you would need to go through one of the participating rescue groups. Appy fostering would be such a HUGE help, and considering you travel (for shows I guess???) any transport help you can provide would be WONDERFUL!!! Right now the shelter is feeling presure to get these pigs out of there and as you can imagine placing 219 pigs quickly isn't easy, all of the rescues that have been on standby but it's just not that easy:bawl:

Thanks a million,
Stacey Reynolds

BTW Judi will be at Tri-County today doing cages, if you want to jump into this today please give them a call or stop by :) :) Thanks again!!

andy682

Mainly abbies, a good amount of abby/perv crosses and a few american smooth hairs and cresteds. Has Carol from the shelter mentioned any of this to anyone in the Cavy/Rabbit club? I know she's a member, I would have thought she would have looked to the club for some help :(

Glad to hear you emailed Judy :)

Thanks again :)
Stace