Charlotte Hall High Density Housing?

fatratcat

I overheard a conversation that high density housing is being considered by the planning board for an area behind the Charlotte Hall Food Lion. Can anyone confim this? If true, where and when is the meeting?

sm8

Not sure if the picture attached but is this the meeting you are wanting more info on?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-22-07-29-26_kindlephoto-246403821.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-09-22-07-29-26_kindlephoto-246403821.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 695

BernieP

Resident PIA
"Thank you for reading!

Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to continue reading."

So much for that plan :)

yep, it sucks,
Every now and then, usually in an election year, rumors spread of low-income apartments coming to Charlotte Hall. Many area residents are vehemently opposed to that idea.

the rest you will have to pay for.

I will tell you from experience in another jurisdiction that developers have the upper hand in these things.
There is one card that local governments have a hard time beating, "your zoning excludes...".
They will threaten to put in the least attractive option and allow the government to "negotiate" to something less distasteful.

trust me, by the time the developer is done the local residents will beg for the apartments over other options.

pbotz

Wow this may be the demise of our area. Go up to waldorf and look around and figure that's what our area will be in 5-10 years.
What type of clientele will be attracted to lower cost apartments. Probably not the type id want living in my neighborhood. Call me racist or stereotypical, I would just say
I'm honest.