"Trump is a clear and present danger to our country"

tommyjo

This pretty much sums it up...

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/opi...dorses-hillary-clinton-donald-trump/90728344/

The Enquirer has supported Republicans for president for almost a century – a tradition this editorial board doesn’t take lightly. But this is not a traditional race, and these are not traditional times. Our country needs calm, thoughtful leadership to deal with the challenges we face at home and abroad. We need a leader who will bring out the best in all Americans, not the worst.

Trump is a clear and present danger to our country. He has no history of governance that should engender any confidence from voters. Trump has no foreign policy experience, and the fact that he doesn't recognize it – instead insisting that, "I know more about ISIS than the generals do" – is even more troubling. His wild threats to blow Iranian ships out of the water if they make rude gestures at U.S. ships is just the type of reckless, cowboy diplomacy Americans should fear from a Trump presidency. Clinton has been criticized as being hawkish but has shown a measured approach to the world's problems. Do we really want someone in charge of our military and nuclear codes who has an impulse control problem? The fact that so many top military and national security officials are not supporting Trump speaks volumes.

But our reservations about Clinton pale in comparison to our fears about Trump.

This editorial board has been consistent in its criticism of his policies and temperament beginning with the Republican primary. We've condemned his childish insults; offensive remarks to women, Hispanics and African-Americans; and the way he has played on many Americans' fears and prejudices to further himself politically. Trump brands himself as an outsider untainted by special interests, but we see a man utterly corrupted by self-interest. His narcissistic bid for the presidency is more about making himself great than America. Trump tears our country and many of its people down with his words so that he can build himself up. What else are we left to believe about a man who tells the American public that he alone can fix what ails us?

While Clinton has been relentlessly challenged about her honesty, Trump was the primary propagator of arguably the biggest lie of the past eight years: that Obama wasn't born in the United States. Trump has played fast and loose with the support of white supremacist groups. He has praised some of our country's most dangerous enemies – see Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong Un and Saddam Hussein – while insulting a sitting president, our military generals, a Gold Star family and prisoners of war like Sen. John McCain. Of late, Trump has toned down his divisive rhetoric, sticking to carefully constructed scripts and teleprompters. But going two weeks without saying something misogynistic, racist or xenophobic is hardly a qualification for the most important job in the world. Why should anyone believe that a Trump presidency would look markedly different from his offensive, erratic, stance-shifting presidential campaign?

Some believe Trump's business acumen would make him the better choice to move America's slow recovery into a full stride. It’s true that he has created jobs, but he also has sent many overseas and left a trail of unpaid contractors in his wake. His refusal to release his tax returns draws into question both Trump’s true income and whether he is paying his fair share of taxes. Even if you consider Trump a successful businessman, running a government is not the same as being the CEO of a company. The United States cannot file bankruptcy to avoid paying its debts.

Trump’s rise through a crowded Republican primary field as well as Sanders' impressive challenge on the Democratic side make clear that the American people yearn for a change in our current state of politics. However, our country needs to seek thoughtful change, not just change for the sake of change. Four years is plenty of time to do enough damage that it could take America years to recover from, if at all.

stew77

and you want over 50K more "refugees" in the country; because that is what Killary wants?? I can't fathom why anyone would even "THINK" she would be better than Trump.. Open your eyes and, get off your ass and look at the issues...! Sure Trump is mouthy and tells it like it is.. OBTW Obamie had a history of governance? He was chosen because of his jive talkin, not on his merits. And killary is worse!! I personally want to see Killary in jail or in fear for her life on machines, the prolong her life! She sure as "HELL" does not belong in Government!!

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
If you don't vote for us.jpg

Hijinx

I suppose it's a matter of opinion which is the most dangerous.Under Hillary I see the Supreme Court with at least one more Bull Dyke on it and perhaps Obama.
I see another doubling of the National debt.
I see more apologies to Muslim countries, and at least another 100,000 sneaking in here./
I see a nuclear Iran, and perhaps our being run out of a Chinese held portion of the Pacific.
I see gun laws that US citizens will not put up with.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's amusing to hear these people touting Hillary's "experience". Hello? Yes, she has experience in government - and she was a dismal failure. In pretty much everything she touched, and we are feeling the aftereffects of her "experience" right now with all these terrorist attacks and floods of illegal immigrants. What good is it for her to have experience if she sucks at it?

It's like saying, vote for Jeffrey Dahmer for Top Chef because he really knows how to tenderize. :crazy:

Rommey

He has no history of governance that should engender any confidence from voters.
Exactly how much history did Obama have...or how much confidence do they have with Clinton's governance history?
His wild threats to blow Iranian ships out of the water if they make rude gestures at U.S. ships is just the type of reckless, cowboy diplomacy Americans should fear from a Trump presidency.
One would have to ask why the Iranians feel embolden to do such acts. Could it be because they fear no reprisals from those actions? Maybe we need a cowboy in office. I tell you if you blow one or two of those Iranian boats out of the water, they'll think twice before approaching US ships again.

Hijinx

Exactly how much history did Obama have...or how much confidence do they have with Clinton's governance history?
One would have to ask why the Iranians feel embolden to do such acts. Could it be because they fear no reprisals from those actions? Maybe we need a cowboy in office. I tell you if you blow one or two of those Iranian boats out of the water, they'll think twice before approaching US ships again.

Let's look at the Iranian deals that Obama and Kerry made.
1. We lifted the sanctions, and then they denied they made the deal.
2. we sent them 1.7 Billion dollars.

They continue to work on Intercontinental missiles and they continue to work on their nukes.
Now they threaten to attack our ships and planes in international waters.
They have spit in Obama's and John Kerry's faces, and these two idiots appear to like it.

IMO our ROE in International waters in reference to Iranians war ships or their little toy boats should be if they come in range of a 50 caliber machine gun ---sink their ass.
If they attack a plane in International waters by missile attack the launch area until it no longer exists.
If by plane attack the airfield they came from until it no longer exists.

A clear warning message should be sent to Iran, It should read. #### with the Bull you get the horn.

seekeroftruth

It's amusing to hear these people touting Hillary's "experience". Hello? Yes, she has experience in government - and she was a dismal failure. In pretty much everything she touched, and we are feeling the aftereffects of her "experience" right now with all these terrorist attacks and floods of illegal immigrants. What good is it for her to have experience if she sucks at it?

It's like saying, vote for Jeffrey Dahmer for Top Chef because he really knows how to tenderize. :crazy:

Actually, according to several Republicans, Hillary Clinton was a pretty good Secretary of State.... and there are quite a few who respected her work as Senator as well.

With campaign season heating up, Republican candidates for president have begun aggressively attacking Hillary Clinton’s tenure as Secretary of State. But many of those same Republicans have offered praise for Hillary’s excellent performance in that role before they began playing presidential politics, as have many other leaders in their party…

Jeb Bush presented Hillary Clinton with an award for having “dedicated her life to serving and engaging people across the world in democracy.”

Lindsey Graham: “She’s dedicated to her job. She loves her country. And she understands the issues, and there are a lot of them in her job to understand. But more importantly, I think she is a good role model. […] [She is] one of the most effective secretary of states, greatest ambassadors for the American people that I have known in my lifetime.”

Marco Rubio to Secretary Clinton: “I want to share sentiments of my other colleagues of tremendous respect for the hard work and service that you’ve put in on behalf of our country, both as a member of this chamber and then, obviously, now in—in the role you have.”

Rick Perry on Hillary Clinton: “Very, very capable public servant. Great Secretary of State, first lady, and she’s very capable.”

Condoleezza Rice: “Hillary Clinton is someone I’ve known for a long, long time. She’s a patriot. I think she’s doing a lot of the right things. […] I think she’s doing a fine job. I really do.”

Henry Kissinger: “[Hillary Clinton] ran the State Department in the most effective way that I’ve ever seen.”

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ): “Secretary Clinton is admired and respected around the world. She and I have been friends for many years. We used to travel together… So, I have – I admire the fact that she is admired throughout the world and a very effective Secretary of State.”

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT): “I happen to like Hillary Clinton; I think she’s done a good job for the… secretary of state’s position, and I have high respect for her and think a great deal of her.”

Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-GA): “Thank you, Secretary Clinton, for your words of inspiration and for the magnificent job you do as the Secretary of State for our nation.”

Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO): “[Hillary Clinton] is successful in her own right, no doubt about that, as a senator, successful as Secretary of State.”

Fmr. Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC) to Hillary Clinton: “You’ve, I think, taken an international leadership role in, I think, raising the pressure levels in Iran.”

Fmr. Gov. Jon Huntsman (R-UT): “I have to say she’s a very impressive public servant. […] And I have to say, I haven’t been around too many people as professional; as well-briefed. […] I have to say, she’s a very, very capable person.”​

Just saying....

:coffee:

seekeroftruth

Let's look at the Iranian deals that Obama and Kerry made.
1. We lifted the sanctions, and then they denied they made the deal.
2. we sent them 1.7 Billion dollars.

They continue to work on Intercontinental missiles and they continue to work on their nukes.
Now they threaten to attack our ships and planes in international waters.
They have spit in Obama's and John Kerry's faces, and these two idiots appear to like it.

IMO our ROE in International waters in reference to Iranians war ships or their little toy boats should be if they come in range of a 50 caliber machine gun ---sink their ass.
If they attack a plane in International waters by missile attack the launch area until it no longer exists.
If by plane attack the airfield they came from until it no longer exists.

A clear warning message should be sent to Iran, It should read. #### with the Bull you get the horn.

Well, at least they're showing us the nukes under the agreement. North Korea isn't under agreement and we can only speculate what they have. I'm not crazy about the current Iran deal.... The last time we had a deal with Iran it was a black eye....remember, though, it was Reagan [Republican] who was president during the Iran Contra deal.....

Hijinx

Actually, according to several Republicans, Hillary Clinton was a pretty good Secretary of State.... and there are quite a few who respected her work as Senator as well.

With campaign season heating up, Republican candidates for president have begun aggressively attacking Hillary Clinton’s tenure as Secretary of State. But many of those same Republicans have offered praise for Hillary’s excellent performance in that role before they began playing presidential politics, as have many other leaders in their party…

Jeb Bush presented Hillary Clinton with an award for having “dedicated her life to serving and engaging people across the world in democracy.”

Lindsey Graham: “She’s dedicated to her job. She loves her country. And she understands the issues, and there are a lot of them in her job to understand. But more importantly, I think she is a good role model. […] [She is] one of the most effective secretary of states, greatest ambassadors for the American people that I have known in my lifetime.”

Marco Rubio to Secretary Clinton: “I want to share sentiments of my other colleagues of tremendous respect for the hard work and service that you’ve put in on behalf of our country, both as a member of this chamber and then, obviously, now in—in the role you have.”

Rick Perry on Hillary Clinton: “Very, very capable public servant. Great Secretary of State, first lady, and she’s very capable.”

Condoleezza Rice: “Hillary Clinton is someone I’ve known for a long, long time. She’s a patriot. I think she’s doing a lot of the right things. […] I think she’s doing a fine job. I really do.”

Henry Kissinger: “[Hillary Clinton] ran the State Department in the most effective way that I’ve ever seen.”

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ): “Secretary Clinton is admired and respected around the world. She and I have been friends for many years. We used to travel together… So, I have – I admire the fact that she is admired throughout the world and a very effective Secretary of State.”

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT): “I happen to like Hillary Clinton; I think she’s done a good job for the… secretary of state’s position, and I have high respect for her and think a great deal of her.”

Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-GA): “Thank you, Secretary Clinton, for your words of inspiration and for the magnificent job you do as the Secretary of State for our nation.”

Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO): “[Hillary Clinton] is successful in her own right, no doubt about that, as a senator, successful as Secretary of State.”

Fmr. Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC) to Hillary Clinton: “You’ve, I think, taken an international leadership role in, I think, raising the pressure levels in Iran.”

Fmr. Gov. Jon Huntsman (R-UT): “I have to say she’s a very impressive public servant. […] And I have to say, I haven’t been around too many people as professional; as well-briefed. […] I have to say, she’s a very, very capable person.”​

Just saying....

Thank You for pointing out which of these faux Republicans need to be replaced.
We already had a pretty good line on most of them.
The same Pieces of Sh1t who are now voting for Hillary and turned against the party,

seekeroftruth

ALL Career Politicians ..... do you really expect any of them to bad mouth H-

I considered that.... It seems to me that Republicans, concerned about the down ticket, generally rally behind the party candidate.

I can't think of one prior candidate of the Democratic Party who garnered so many good comments about their work from the Republican Side of the Isle in the House or Senate.

They may be "never Trump" but they didn't have to complement Hillary's work.... Still they did...

Hijinx

Well, at least they're showing us the nukes under the agreement. North Korea isn't under agreement and we can only speculate what they have. I'm not crazy about the current Iran deal.... The last time we had a deal with Iran it was a black eye....remember, though, it was Reagan [Republican] who was president during the Iran Contra deal.....

Funny you should mention that LMAO-as if it couldn't have been predicted.
Yes He sent a few guns I suppose, but not quite 1.7 Billion dollars in cash in an obvious ransom.

Hijinx

I considered that.... It seems to me that Republicans, concerned about the down ticket, generally rally behind the party candidate.

I can't think of one prior candidate of the Democratic Party who garnered so many good comments about their work from the Republican Side of the Isle in the House or Senate.

They may be "never Trump" but they didn't have to complement Hillary's work.... Still they did...

I cannot think of any election where the party had an outsider running who frightened them because they are garbage political crones.
These guys are not near as much against Trump as they are frightened that they cannot control him.
These particular politicians mentioned have been known as RINO's for years.

seekeroftruth

I cannot think of any election where the party had an outsider running who frightened them because they are garbage political crones.
These guys are not near as much against Trump as they are frightened that they cannot control him.
These particular politicians mentioned have been known as RINO's for years.

So Henry Kissinger and John McCain are frightened?