Buckwheat Zydeco, Famed Bandleader and Accordionist, Dead at 68

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Stanley "Buckwheat" Dural Jr., the accordionist and ambassador of zydeco music who performed under the stage name Buckwheat Zydeco, died Saturday following a battle with lung cancer. He was 68.

"It is with deep sadness that I have to announce that our great, beloved leader Stanley 'Buckwheat' Dural, Jr. has passed away. He died at 1:32 AM Louisiana time, keeping musician's hours right to the bitter end," Dural's manager Ted Fox wrote on Facebook.

"I am grieving for my best friend and colleague of more than 30 years. But, as this great road warrior once said: 'Life is a tour, and it's all about how you decide to get where you're going…I don't want to ignore the bad things in life, but I want to emphasize the good things.' Buck made everything and everyone he touched better and happier. RIP my dear friend, my brother."

More here: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/buckwheat-zydeco-bandleader-and-accordionist-dead-at-68-w441863

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh no! Sorry to hear this. If you're not into zydeco, you have no idea who this is; if you're a fan, you know he's a STAR.

RIP Buckwheat.

Hank

my war
He was a mean accordionist! Great live performer. If you aren't shakin' your ass to his music, you have no pulse.

RIP