Donald Trump, a Failed Bully in His Debate with Clinton

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
"I think my strongest asset, maybe by far, is my temperament,” Donald Trump said in the first Presidential debate, at Hofstra University, on Long Island, on Monday night. “I have a winning temperament. I know how to win.” On the split screen, his opponent, Hillary Clinton, looked amused, as she did through much of the debate. She appeared to think that she was winning; on balance, she was right. Lester Holt, of NBC, the moderator, tried to turn to Clinton, but Trump stopped him.

He had more to say about this temperament thing. “Wait. The A.F.L.-C.I.O. the other day, behind the blue screen, I don’t know who you were talking to, Secretary Clinton, but you were totally out of control. I said, there’s a person with a temperament that’s got a problem,” Trump said. The reference was a bit obscure. Possibly, just possibly, Trump was referring to a video in which Clinton spoke to the Laborers’ International Union of North America in Las Vegas, not behind a blue screen but in a blue shirt, with some blue signs in the background. In it, she raises the question of why she is not ahead in the polls by fifty per cent; that may be ambitious, but it is hardly unhinged, particularly given their relative performances on Monday. (And it would be like him to treat labor organizations as interchangeable.)

Or maybe Trump has some other behind-the-blue-screen moment in mind—some scene in which Hillary played the wizard in Sapphire City—well known to his supporters, who have become familiar with the shorthand he deploys at rallies. It was one of a number of moments in the debate that were incomprehensible without some proficiency in the lingua franca of Fox News; for those who are, the reminder that they saw a video with some blue in it that was unflattering to Clinton might have been enough.

When Holt asked Trump a straightforward question about his belated acknowledgement that President Barack Obama was born in the United States, which came years after Obama released his American birth certificate—“Can you tell us what took you so long?”—Trump responded with an undiagrammable sentence structured around the name Sidney Blumenthal, which he repeated several times, and lies about getting Obama to “produce” his birth certificate. "

More here: http://www.newyorker.com/news/amy-davidson/donald-trump-a-failed-bully-in-his-debate-with-clinton?mbid=social_twitter

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
"I think my strongest asset, maybe by far, is my temperament,” Donald Trump said in the first Presidential debate, at Hofstra University, on Long Island, on Monday night. “I have a winning temperament. I know how to win.” On the split screen, his opponent, Hillary Clinton, looked amused, as she did through much of the debate. She appeared to think that she was winning; on balance, she was right. Lester Holt, of NBC, the moderator, tried to turn to Clinton, but Trump stopped him.

He had more to say about this temperament thing. “Wait. The A.F.L.-C.I.O. the other day, behind the blue screen, I don’t know who you were talking to, Secretary Clinton, but you were totally out of control. I said, there’s a person with a temperament that’s got a problem,” Trump said. The reference was a bit obscure. Possibly, just possibly, Trump was referring to a video in which Clinton spoke to the Laborers’ International Union of North America in Las Vegas, not behind a blue screen but in a blue shirt, with some blue signs in the background. In it, she raises the question of why she is not ahead in the polls by fifty per cent; that may be ambitious, but it is hardly unhinged, particularly given their relative performances on Monday. (And it would be like him to treat labor organizations as interchangeable.)

Or maybe Trump has some other behind-the-blue-screen moment in mind—some scene in which Hillary played the wizard in Sapphire City—well known to his supporters, who have become familiar with the shorthand he deploys at rallies. It was one of a number of moments in the debate that were incomprehensible without some proficiency in the lingua franca of Fox News; for those who are, the reminder that they saw a video with some blue in it that was unflattering to Clinton might have been enough.

When Holt asked Trump a straightforward question about his belated acknowledgement that President Barack Obama was born in the United States, which came years after Obama released his American birth certificate—“Can you tell us what took you so long?”—Trump responded with an undiagrammable sentence structured around the name Sidney Blumenthal, which he repeated several times, and lies about getting Obama to “produce” his birth certificate. "

More here: http://www.newyorker.com/news/amy-davidson/donald-trump-a-failed-bully-in-his-debate-with-clinton?mbid=social_twitter

You're on the job right on time, 8:00am. Soros should be proud. Now get posting, we all know you need those quarters....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yes, I think you all should keep painting your little girl as a baby who is being bullied by the mens. :bawl: She and Huma can sit around and complain about their errant husbands who done them wrong. "Sometimes it's hard to be a woman, giving all your love to just one man...."

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Yes, I think you all should keep painting your little girl as a baby who is being bullied by the mens. :bawl: She and Huma can sit around and complain about their errant husbands who done them wrong. "Sometimes it's hard to be a woman, giving all your love to just one man...."

For freaking real!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The both of them are codependent girlies who are clearly nothing without a man, even a bad man. Even a sexual predator man.

speaking of predators - Wiener is having to turn his emails and texts over to Federal Investigators - he maybe facing JAIL for sexting a minor

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I thought Trump went really easy on Hillary.

It's because she has a vagina. I can guarantee you that world leaders won't be giving her that pass if she gets elected. She will be the Woman President like Barack Obama is the Black President: a freaking dismal failure.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Let's talk temperament

[video=youtube;5qDpF2Phb5Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qDpF2Phb5Q[/video]

PsyOps

Pixelated
Someone told her to be assertive, and this is what she feels is assertive.
She really gives lousy speech.

We've seen her lose her temper before. Her testimony before congress comes to mind. And we've heard plenty from former Bill Clinton staffers write about her temper and contempt for just about everyone.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Let's talk temperament

Someone told her to be assertive, and this is what she feels is assertive.
She really gives lousy speech.

You can tell from the acoustics that she's in a room without an audience. She's speaking to a camera and microphone without feedback or body language clues to tell her whether anyone is even awake at that point.