As of 10:25 On Tuesday, Sept 27th 2016

Drudge - Trump - 82 / 17
Time - Trump - 65 / 55
CNBC - 67 / 33

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I call it a tie. Both candidates had strong and weak moments. Frankly, for what she had to work with (i.e. herself), I thought Hillary did well. Trump had the upper hand big time, and he whiffed several opportunities and gimmes.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think we can all agree who the losers were.

The American voter.

No. The American voter chooses this crap. That's like saying I'm a victim when I choose to go eat fast food instead of the good stuff I can get if only I'm willing to do so and put out a tad of effort.

For what it was, Trump won, big, because he showed he can behave a good bit more than he's shown. His mission wasn't to appeal to the 'call her a fat liar' crowd. He has them. His mission was to show reason and thought to go along with the aggressive stuff. He did really well on that. She, because we've seen her for 30 years, didn't over come who and what she is. If you liked her before, you still do. If you didn't, you still don't and if you had doubts about her, you stl do.

Trump won because he gave the middle some reason and argument to go along with the name calling and beligerance. And every card she has left to play, he has a trump for it. Every single one. Trump did not shoot his wad last night. He saved his high cards. She has one and only one and he forced her to play her queen last night. Now, one by one, he lays down the rest and takes them all.

tommyjo

I think we can all agree who the losers were.

The American voter.

And that's the right answer.

But if one must choose between the two people on stage last night. Ms. Clinton was the clear victor. She made him look exactly what he is: unqualified for the job. His mentality and style might be fine for the corporate boardroom. But his mentality and style is simply not conducive to leading a nation as diverse as ours. He was a bully, he was childish, he was uninformed, he was unprepared, he was unable to answer simple questions or easily refute attacks. He admonished Ms. Clinton for talking over him early on, then spent the entirety of debate talking over her, shouting at her and the camera.

Leaning into the mike and stating "wrong"...is certainly not Presidential. Interrupting and shouting is not Presidential. This is the guy who claims to be such a great negotiator? He fell for every piece of bait she threw at him. I was waiting for him to fold his arms and threaten to hold his breath because she wasn't being "fair". This should have been an event where Mr. Trump showed his prowess as a leader. Instead he looked and sounded like the buffoon.

His positions (such as they are) were terrible: tarriffs go both ways...we start and others retaliate. Manufacturing jobs are not coming back to this country. They started leaving in the 70s, not on Jan 20, 2009. Cutting taxes (from their present levels) will not magically spur economic output (need any evidence look at the tax cuts under Mr. Bush 43). Mr. Trump spent a fair amount of time on the deficit...yet his "plans" will add massive new amounts of debt.

Mr. Trump's response to the release of his taxes was pathetic. He continued to state the same lies. He didn't address any of the points Ms. Clinton threw back at him....which would have and should have been easy to refute.

BTW...what was with all the sniffling. I was sitting in another room listening not watching. Trump sounded like he needed some Benadryl. What horrid disease does he have?

In the end, I doubt this debate changed anyone's mind. And the real reality is that the voters (even those who actually are informed about the issues) have horrible choices. Donald Trump lost last night...and America loses no matter who wins.

I am sure the Trump supporters will claim he won...without any evidence to support this. Just as they continue to believe Mr. Trump has actual policies, actual experience, and the mental stability to be President...despite all evidence to the contrary. We'll hear all about the biased media...the "rigged" system...but the plain fact is Mr. Trump lost and lost of his own accord.

It wasn't a tie or an undecided. No one 'won' or 'lost'. It was just a re-hash of everything we've heard before with a coupe of zingers thrown in.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
..... unqualified for the job.

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Article II, Section 1, Clause 5

Sorry sweetie, nothing else you said has any bearing on 'qualifications' to be President

Hijinx

And that's the right answer.

But if one must choose between the two people on stage last night. Ms. Clinton was the clear victor. She made him look exactly what he is: unqualified for the job. His mentality and style might be fine for the corporate boardroom. But his mentality and style is simply not conducive to leading a nation as diverse as ours. He was a bully, he was childish, he was uninformed, he was unprepared, he was unable to answer simple questions or easily refute attacks. He admonished Ms. Clinton for talking over him early on, then spent the entirety of debate talking over her, shouting at her and the camera.

Leaning into the mike and stating "wrong"...is certainly not Presidential. Interrupting and shouting is not Presidential. This is the guy who claims to be such a great negotiator? He fell for every piece of bait she threw at him. I was waiting for him to fold his arms and threaten to hold his breath because she wasn't being "fair". This should have been an event where Mr. Trump showed his prowess as a leader. Instead he looked and sounded like the buffoon.

His positions (such as they are) were terrible: tarriffs go both ways...we start and others retaliate. Manufacturing jobs are not coming back to this country. They started leaving in the 70s, not on Jan 20, 2009. Cutting taxes (from their present levels) will not magically spur economic output (need any evidence look at the tax cuts under Mr. Bush 43). Mr. Trump spent a fair amount of time on the deficit...yet his "plans" will add massive new amounts of debt.

Mr. Trump's response to the release of his taxes was pathetic. He continued to state the same lies. He didn't address any of the points Ms. Clinton threw back at him....which would have and should have been easy to refute.

BTW...what was with all the sniffling. I was sitting in another room listening not watching. Trump sounded like he needed some Benadryl. What horrid disease does he have?

In the end, I doubt this debate changed anyone's mind. And the real reality is that the voters (even those who actually are informed about the issues) have horrible choices. Donald Trump lost last night...and America loses no matter who wins.

I am sure the Trump supporters will claim he won...without any evidence to support this. Just as they continue to believe Mr. Trump has actual policies, actual experience, and the mental stability to be President...despite all evidence to the contrary. We'll hear all about the biased media...the "rigged" system...but the plain fact is Mr. Trump lost and lost of his own accord.

Somebody named TJ is biased and full of sh1t.

There was no apparent winner.
A winner would hev been able to change some voters mind. No one's mind was changed in this debate.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, no winner at all. Trump could have, but he just couldn't shut his piehole sometimes. And he missed some shots that were right in front of him.

Hijinx

It wasn't a tie or an undecided. No one 'won' or 'lost'. It was just a re-hash of everything we've heard before with a coupe of zingers thrown in.

Mrs. Clinton thought she had a winner with her Trumped up trickle down.
The only thing that trickled down , trickled down he leg when she said it.

This_person

No. The American voter chooses this crap. That's like saying I'm a victim when I choose to go eat fast food instead of the good stuff I can get if only I'm willing to do so and put out a tad of effort.

So, if the choices are Wendy's, Burger King, McDonalds, and Dairy Queen, which one will you go to and not get the fast food (at least some of the time)?

That's the choice the American voter has. The "someone else" button, if it existed, would win the election in a landslide in at least 49 states. It doesn't exist.

Would you like Fries with that?

For what it was, Trump won, big, because he showed he can behave a good bit more than he's shown. His mission wasn't to appeal to the 'call her a fat liar' crowd. He has them. His mission was to show reason and thought to go along with the aggressive stuff. He did really well on that. She, because we've seen her for 30 years, didn't over come who and what she is. If you liked her before, you still do. If you didn't, you still don't and if you had doubts about her, you stl do.

Trump won because he gave the middle some reason and argument to go along with the name calling and beligerance. And every card she has left to play, he has a trump for it. Every single one. Trump did not shoot his wad last night. He saved his high cards. She has one and only one and he forced her to play her queen last night. Now, one by one, he lays down the rest and takes them all.

Agree. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The "someone else" button, if it existed, would win the election in a landslide in at least 49 states. It doesn't exist.

That's simply not true. The "other" button does indeed exist, and indeed there are a great number of people who actively and honestly support their candidate. You're regurgitating bull#### media talking points that are simply not true.

This_person

That's simply not true. The "other" button does indeed exist, and indeed there are a great number of people who actively and honestly support their candidate. You're regurgitating bull#### media talking points that are simply not true.

As of just a few weeks ago, Clinton's unfavorable was 59%, Trump's a statistical tie at 60%. (Favorable numbers were both in the upper 30%'s - again, statistically tied)

People who like Trump seem to LOVE Trump. People who like Clinton do so mostly grudgingly, it seems. People who pay attention hate them both. The polls show it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So, if the choices are Wendy's, Burger King, McDonalds, and Dairy Queen, which one will you go to and not get the fast food (at least some of the time)?

That's the choice the American voter has. :

No, it is not. Every single time we're sold the nonsense that we ONLY have two choices and we keep buying it...and they keep selling it. It is LONG since time for one, or both, of the parties to die off. The R's and the D's have long been, establishment wise, the same party. Bush 43, Obama, Hillary, Mitt, The Next Bush, they're all the same party. There is no left anymore. What there is of it equates to the right in the GOP, appealed to at election time and ignored the rest. There is, obviously, no conservative part of the GOP that means a thing and Trump's ascendancy is a ray of hope for REAL change and, in many ways, he's far more liberal than Hillary. He at least has some antagonism towards Wall Street, doesn't seem to be for MORE war, going to great lengths last night denouncing Dubbya's war, and he's clearly left of center on trade.

Maybe voting for him is the break to the log jam??? In any event, the right of the GOP has no party and hasn't for some time. Most of the rest is D lite. Trump, if he wins, is sure as hell a new kind of GOP'er. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
People who pay attention hate them both.

You know what? #### you and your insults. I'll pit my "paying attention" against yours any day. Like, ANY day.

"Oh, only stupid and uninformed people actually like Trump."

Again, #### you.