Amusing to note

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This morning's USAToday newspaper was surprisingly complimentary toward Trump's debate performance. This is highly unusual because typically their front page is filled with negative Trump headlines, even when the story itself doesn't reflect that.

Just now I went to do my USAT crossword puzzle online and what do you know...up pops a Trump ad.

If I were a suspicious person, I'd think that they're suddenly giving him positive coverage...because he's an advertiser.

awpitt

Main Streeter
This morning's USAToday newspaper was surprisingly complimentary toward Trump's debate performance. This is highly unusual because typically their front page is filled with negative Trump headlines, even when the story itself doesn't reflect that.

Just now I went to do my USAT crossword puzzle online and what do you know...up pops a Trump ad.

If I were a suspicious person, I'd think that they're suddenly giving him positive coverage...because he's an advertiser.

That would be telling if true. If you're a regular and just now noticed a Trump ad along with positive coverage, then it sure looks like they tailor the content to their advertisers.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That would be telling if true. If you're a regular and just now noticed a Trump ad along with positive coverage, then it sure looks like they tailor the content to their advertisers.

The headlines were in the newspaper newspaper - I didn't look online. But I do the online crossword every day and this is the first day I've seen a Trump ad.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, that sounds like more than a coincidence.

Well, and let's get real: Trump's debate performance was nothing to write home about. He held his own and did okay, but you can't honestly say anything more than that. So I was quite surprised to see this glowing review on the front page of a paper that typically busts on him for stupid things.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Hmm. So maybe if I bought a brazillian dollars worth of SOMD advertising....the owner might like me again and say nice things?

Nah..probably not. ;-p

TruthSayer

You mean to tell me that newspapers cater to their paying customers?

I am shocked. Shocked I tell you.

You're such an adorable little naif. Kisses.