Crucifix Display a Hate Crime

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Crucifix, Trump chalkings reported as 'hate incidents' at UW-L

Meanwhile, of the reports that were legitimate, students complained about everything from images of the crucifix to a blog post about life on campus as a white student.

According to The La Crosse Tribune, one student reported feeling unsafe when discovering a Campus Crusade for Christ poster on campus, claiming that the cross represents “oppression and hate of the LGBT+ community.”

Two other students turned in one of their peers for publishing a blog post about life as a white student, calling his post offensive to students of color, and even saying that the proximity of the author’s off-campus residence made them feel unsafe living on campus.

Restitution

Anybody ever see the movie "P.C.U" with Jeremy Piven?

That is exactly how our country's colleges and schools in general are looking now!

Hijinx

Anybody ever see the movie "P.C.U" with Jeremy Piven?

That is exactly how our country's colleges and schools in general are looking now!

Community colleges are the answer. Sending a kid to the Ivy league colleges is justifying the destruction of their minds.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Community colleges are the answer. Sending a kid to the Ivy league colleges is justifying the destruction of their minds.

Daughter is enrolled in CSM for cyber security while holding down a full time job.

Son (recent HS grad) is working full time at a local car dealer and will be starting his ASE training soon.

Both working towards what they enjoy and are good at, with no inadvertent indoctrination. :yay:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Crucifix, Trump chalkings reported as 'hate incidents' at UW-L

Meanwhile, of the reports that were legitimate, students complained about everything from images of the crucifix to a blog post about life on campus as a white student.

According to The La Crosse Tribune, one student reported feeling unsafe when discovering a Campus Crusade for Christ poster on campus, claiming that the cross represents “oppression and hate of the LGBT+ community.”

Two other students turned in one of their peers for publishing a blog post about life as a white student, calling his post offensive to students of color, and even saying that the proximity of the author’s off-campus residence made them feel unsafe living on campus.

I thought all campi had safe spaces the pathetically weak could go to escape this terrible oppression.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I thought all campi had safe spaces the pathetically weak could go to escape this terrible oppression.

There is obviously not enough space for the masses of weak, mindless chirwrens away from home......

PsyOps

Pixelated
safe.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well?

When you encourage people - especially young people - to whine, that's what they will do. Anyone who has ever raised children knows this. If you give in to their bitching and crying, they won't be satisfied and in fact will dream up something else to bitch and cry about. That's just the way it is.

Raise your hand if this sounds familiar to you:

Mom, can I have a cookie?
No, you'll spoil your dinner.
:tantrum:
Okay, fine, here, have a cookie.
Can I have two cookies?
No, one is enough.
:tantrum:

What's supposed to happen is, if you want to spoil your own child and turn it into a monster, more power to ya but you're not supposed to be able to do that with OPC. That, however, is exactly what our college campuses are doing: turning OPC into the worthless crybabies rogue mommies and dads have tried to avoid by being the 'mean" parent.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But I'd bet they go and watch every zombie, vampire, and satanist movie and TV show there is out there and they whoop it up.

but a Cross [not upside down in a satanic church] or a Star of David :cds: they melt down triggered

SamSpade

Well?

When you encourage people - especially young people - to whine, that's what they will do. Anyone who has ever raised children knows this. If you give in to their bitching and crying, they won't be satisfied and in fact will dream up something else to bitch and cry about. That's just the way it is.

Raise your hand if this sounds familiar to you:

Mom, can I have a cookie?
No, you'll spoil your dinner.

Oh we have a rule - once the answer is no, after a certain number of whines - sometimes ONE - I will warn them "once more, and it's off the table for GOOD (or a week, if it's like a snack)"

IF they're stupid enough to ask "WHY-Y-Y-Y??" - and I don't lose it - I tell them "I can't have you believing you can whine your way into it".
Because it's the first thing they learn - bitch about it enough, and mom/dad will cave.

In my house, they learn the opposite - bitch about it enough and Dad will say "never until the day you move out".
EXACTLY ONE of my kids has figured it out.