Clinton Hits Trump For Boasting About Not Paying His Taxes

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
"During a Thursday rally in Des Moines, Iowa, Hillary Clinton blasted Donald Trump for bragging about "gaming the system" and not paying taxes.

"He spends all of his time just dumping on America," Clinton said. "But then it’s probably true that he hasn’t paid a penny in federal taxes."

Clinton mentioned Trump's refusal to release his tax returns during Monday night's first presidential debate, saying that he may be doing so because he hasn't paid federal income taxes. In response, Trump argued that not paying those taxes makes him "smart." He later denied saying that he has never paid federal income taxes.

"If not paying taxes makes him smart, what does that make the rest of us?" Clinton asked the crowd in Iowa on Thursday."

More here: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/clinton-trump-taxes-iowa?utm_content=buffer7137d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Nobody wanta to pay taxes.. and unless he broke the law good for him...

So now let's talk about how Clinton "donates" money to her foundation so she doesn't have to pay taxes on it

Hijinx

Nobody wanta to pay taxes.. and unless he broke the law good for him...

So now let's talk about how Clinton "donates" money to her foundation so she doesn't have to pay taxes on it

Lets talk about how she sells her time to people looking for her good favors as S.O.S. by taking in money from foreign sources.
A mere pittance to what she will get as President.

Chris0nllyn

I thought that was a good chance for Trump to say "I utilized XYZ that are well within my rights to do so in the Tax Code. Maybe if we had a simplified tax code and a sort of flat tax vs. the mess we have now, I wouldn't have a choice".

tommyjo

"During a Thursday rally in Des Moines, Iowa, Hillary Clinton blasted Donald Trump for bragging about "gaming the system" and not paying taxes.

"He spends all of his time just dumping on America," Clinton said. "But then it’s probably true that he hasn’t paid a penny in federal taxes."

Clinton mentioned Trump's refusal to release his tax returns during Monday night's first presidential debate, saying that he may be doing so because he hasn't paid federal income taxes. In response, Trump argued that not paying those taxes makes him "smart." He later denied saying that he has never paid federal income taxes.

"If not paying taxes makes him smart, what does that make the rest of us?" Clinton asked the crowd in Iowa on Thursday."

More here: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/clinton-trump-taxes-iowa?utm_content=buffer7137d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

That's not really a fair assessment. Mr. Trump's response isn't as clear cut as you make it out to be.

She hammered him on this...he stood their stammering...and in his stupid and consistent manner blurted out something he should not have said. But it was hard to make out exactly what he said.

In reality, what he said--despite the silliness of it--isn't really what was important about the exchange. The important part was that she hammered him with 3 possibilities for why he won't release his taxes and he has no response to any of them. 1. he paid no taxes 2. He didn't make as much money as he says he does 3. He doesn't give as much to charity as he says he does.

His lack of an intelligent response was what was REALLY interesting. He HAD to know this was going to come up. His advisors HAD to tell him this would come up. Yet he had no response.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's easy! It makes you all STUPID.

Well.

I've never heard of someone not maximizing their deductions to the full extent they can. I've never heard of anyone who deliberately overpays. So if you overpay what you owe in taxes, that would pretty much make you stupid.

Millburn

No one wants to pay more than they are suppose to.If they are legit returns it would help him,by hiding them he looks guilty as hell.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
No one wants to pay more than they are suppose to.If they are legit returns it would help him,by hiding them he looks guilty as hell.

Guilty of what, pray tell? If he were "guilty" of something, don't you think obunghole's IRS would have crucified him by now?

While hillary is accepting bribes from foreign governments in the guise of charitable donations, you're worried about Trump using existing laws to minimize his tax liability?

You ####ing gimmedats have no clue, nor do you care to become educated.

Millburn

Guilty of what, pray tell? If he were "guilty" of something, don't you think obunghole's IRS would have crucified him by now?

While hillary is accepting bribes from foreign governments in the guise of charitable donations, you're worried about Trump using existing laws to minimize his tax liability?

You ####ing gimmedats have no clue, nor do you care to become educated.

If he is innocent then stop hiding them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A person's taxes like their vote is their own.
None of your damned business unless they wish to present them to you. Not releasing them is not hiding them.

I think he can hide them if he wants to. There won't be anything in Donald Trump's tax return that will make Hillary Clinton not a lying corrupt POS, so I can't see how it matters.

"Donald Trump isn't as rich as he says!"
"Donald Trump didn't give money to charity!"
"Donald Trump took a bunch of deductions!"

Yeah, Hillary? Well, your husband is still a rapist and sexual predator, and you still covered up for him and sent your goons after his victims.

Millburn

A person's taxes like their vote is their own.
None of your damned business unless they wish to present them to you. Not releasing them is not hiding them.

Not when you are running for President. The Donald needs to come clean ,he is giving off the perception of hiding only way to clean it up is release them.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Not when you are running for President. The Donald needs to come clean ,he is giving off the perception of hiding only way to clean it up is release them.

At this point it is obvious that someone in the IRS would have leaked Trump's tax return information if there was anything scandalous to be found. But, since there isn't, it's more hurtful for Trump's campaign to not release them. Isn't it interesting that the Obama's IRS is taking so long to rule on his 2009 return?

Millburn

At this point it is obvious that someone in the IRS would have leaked Trump's tax return information if there was anything scandalous to be found. But, since there isn't, it's more hurtful for Trump's campaign to not release them. Isn't it interesting that the Obama's IRS is taking so long to rule on his 2009 return?

Link ?? I mean you seem to be able to lie like Trump can you back it up with a link?

Millburn

I am always sorry when I take you off ignore and read one of your stupid posts. One of these days I'm going to learn.

Maybe after the election and you calm down you can see how you have behaved.You have to remember people are aloud to have a opinion different from yours and becuase they do they should'nt be ban.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Maybe after the election and you calm down you can see how you have behaved.You have to remember people are aloud to have a opinion different from yours and becuase they do they should'nt be ban.

LMFAO...that ^ from the moron that always claimed he "banned" someone by putting them on ignore. Priceless. :killingme