Orange Buffoon: Debate was rigged!

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
"During a campaign event in New Hampshire, Trump, the Republican nominee, said he had to debate the moderator Lester Holt on "everything I said.""Then I had to put up with the anchor and fight the anchor on everything I said. What a rigged deal, I tell you, we are in such a rigged syst — it is terrible. What's going on in this country is so sad. But it will change. Remember Nov. 8th."

He also touted the nonscientific online polls that showed him as the victor of Monday's debate.

The majority of scientific post-debate polls and focus group studies found that Clinton won the first contest."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/298577-trump-debate-was-rigged

Hijinx

"During a campaign event in New Hampshire, Trump, the Republican nominee, said he had to debate the moderator Lester Holt on "everything I said.""Then I had to put up with the anchor and fight the anchor on everything I said. What a rigged deal, I tell you, we are in such a rigged syst — it is terrible. What's going on in this country is so sad. But it will change. Remember Nov. 8th."

He also touted the nonscientific online polls that showed him as the victor of Monday's debate.

The majority of scientific post-debate polls and focus group studies found that Clinton won the first contest."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/298577-trump-debate-was-rigged

I saw no clear winner. But then I am not as biased and the boy here.
The whole thing looked pretty even to me, but Trump needs to bring up emails, and the foundation tax shelter, and how Hillary persecuted Bill's girlfriends.

tommyjo

I saw no clear winner. But then I am not as biased and the boy here.
The whole thing looked pretty even to me, but Trump needs to bring up emails, and the foundation tax shelter, and how Hillary persecuted Bill's girlfriends.

You must not have watched.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Was it rigged? Did she really have an itchy nose all night?

[video=youtube;KfYZQPhnOvA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfYZQPhnOvA[/video]

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
[video=youtube;RIYdjq2Wa6E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIYdjq2Wa6E[/video]

SamSpade

I understand - they don't measure what the breakdown is for political support. That much I agree.

But they do show something I find remarkable - Trump support is strong among his fans. I've seen online polls before. Never have I seen them so lopsided,
and believe me, in past years you really wouldn't have a Bush supporter claiming Kerry or Gore won no matter what.

Bear in mind, these debates are not won on debate points - the "winner" is the one who gains at the polls.
I participated in debate in school, and judging is much more precise on facts, argument, speaking ability - and one insult would almost certainly cost the debate
no matter how brilliantly you spoke. You win on logic. "Passion" doesn't gain you a damned thing.

These are pageants. They're informative and they show you the candidates, but you don't "win" based on subjective criteria. If you think it does, you're fooled.
In formal debate, the judges are silent. They're not part of it. This isn't. It's not a courtroom.

"Winning" is how you move the needle on public opinion. So in that case, for all Trump's lack of preparedness, I'd tend to call it a draw, because I don't think
it will affect the polls much.

Hijinx

I understand - they don't measure what the breakdown is for political support. That much I agree.

But they do show something I find remarkable - Trump support is strong among his fans. I've seen online polls before. Never have I seen them so lopsided,
and believe me, in past years you really wouldn't have a Bush supporter claiming Kerry or Gore won no matter what.

Bear in mind, these debates are not won on debate points - the "winner" is the one who gains at the polls.
I participated in debate in school, and judging is much more precise on facts, argument, speaking ability - and one insult would almost certainly cost the debate
no matter how brilliantly you spoke. You win on logic. "Passion" doesn't gain you a damned thing.

These are pageants. They're informative and they show you the candidates, but you don't "win" based on subjective criteria. If you think it does, you're fooled.
In formal debate, the judges are silent. They're not part of it. This isn't. It's not a courtroom.

"Winning" is how you move the needle on public opinion. So in that case, for all Trump's lack of preparedness, I'd tend to call it a draw, because I don't think
it will affect the polls much.

I agree. I also don't think the moderator would have had as much effect if Trump were a better prepared and ready speaker.
Next time he should bring his A game and be ready to toss the crap back at her.

Millburn

The closer to election day we get the more we will hear stuff like this from his camp and his supporters.