"Unfit for the presidency"

tommyjo

This morning we have another klaxon sounding the alarm against Mr. Trump. The USA Today editorial board, which has never endorsed any candidate for president, has issued a stinging editorial and rebuke of Mr. Trump. The editorial board unanimously voted to declare Donald Trump unfit to be president.

(It is worth noting for you far right conspiracy freaks that the editorial board did NOT endorse Ms. Clinton. Do you all understand the difference?)

In the 34-year history of USA TODAY, the Editorial Board has never taken sides in the presidential race. Instead, we’ve expressed opinions about the major issues and haven’t presumed to tell our readers, who have a variety of priorities and values, which choice is best for them. Because every presidential race is different, we revisit our no-endorsement policy every four years. We’ve never seen reason to alter our approach. Until now.

This year, the choice isn’t between two capable major party nominees who happen to have significant ideological differences. This year, one of the candidates — Republican nominee Donald Trump — is, by unanimous consensus of the Editorial Board, unfit for the presidency.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...-editorial-board-editorials-debates/91295020/

Mr. Trump is unfit to be President. That much has been clear since he made his asinine announcement that he was running. His tweets this morning continue to show how unqualified this man is.

BTW...someone posted the 538 "if the election were held now" odds last week. Funny how no one is posting that now. Well here it is: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo#now

That's about a 20 point swing in a matter of days.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
So Obama and the Democrats have decimated our military.. Army is down to 450,000 men and women.. the lowest since before WWII.. yet our soldiers are fighting wars on multiple fronts.

About 10% of the Army is Combat Arms.. Infantry, Armor and Field Artillery...

Which means all of the wars the Democrats sign up for are being fought by less then 45000 people (mostly men).. many are deployed in support roles but boots on the ground, busting down doors... and the ones getting wounded and killed the most are around 45000.

Why is this important? A combat arms soldier gets NO rest.. Vietnam lasted 10 years.. give or take.. and career soldiers during that time may have deployed 2 MAYBE 3 times. We have young soldiers that are being deployed 2 or 3 times in their first enlistment

Our soldiers are tired.. complacent.. and they aren't staying. The Army is losing their experienced soldiers, the ones that are going to bring our sons and daughters home.

You do an op-tempo of deploying (and getting shot at) for 6 months to come home for 3 months before deploying again, that's not fun for anyone... when you'receive 18 and single not AS bad.. but when you get to that 8 - 10 year active soldier, he now has a wife and kids... what's he going to do?

The Democrats are killing our military, and Clinton wants it to continue.. she wants an Army less than 400k.. more like 350k.. so she can"fund" her social programs. I mean have we ever met any candidate with more disdain for the military than Hillary?

A vote for Hillary is a vote against our soldiers.. and she'll be responsible for the decimation of our military.. putting our sons and daughters in harms way with worn out equipment and battered and tired soldiers.

Now... who are you going to support?

SamSpade

BTW...someone posted the 538 "if the election were held now" odds last week. Funny how no one is posting that now. Well here it is: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo#now

The polls now is cute, but it's meaningless. The first two are more relevant.

With a brief exception, Trump's best odds were in the mid to high forties. Since you will see the Electoral College map beginning to solidify - most of the swing states still solidly in Trump's favor -
the overall odds VERY CLOSELY track with one or two remaining states.

Mostly Colorado. He wins Colorado - he wins.

Part of Trump's "bump" a few weeks ago was a recent poll in New Mexico showing him with a big lead. There hasn't been one before or since, and it is highly unlikely he will win New Mexico.
This is with Nate Silver's data.

He is not basing his overall odds on a popular win, but with the EC, because that's the only one that counts. Since the race is won in the battleground states, and more and more are either with or against Trump,
the overall odds aren't moving unless ONE state changes. So his odds are more or less the same as any battleground state that is close, because the others are, at this stage, set.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
...looks like a good place to drop this little tid-bit...

Tripp began her career in the George H.W. Bush White House, which she noted followed strict protocols regarding security and the handling of classified material. That changed when the Clintons arrived, as they had a “cavalier, loosey-goosey, this isn’t important, don’t be a prude” attitude toward handling sensitive materials.

“Because I would often bring up the fact that this had to happen. That this was not a luxury. This was a necessity. And classified material is just part and parcel of working in the West Wing of the White House on a daily basis,” she explained. “So there was sort of a disregard for any of the rules. They certainly didn’t apply to them. And that was startling.”

http://conservativetribune.com/lind...tm_content=2016-09-29&utm_campaign=manualpost

Hijinx

(It is worth noting for you far right conspiracy freaks that the editorial board did NOT endorse Ms. Clinton. Do you all understand the difference?)

So they declare Trump unfit and don't endorse Hillary? There is a difference?
I see that when they declare one unfit and make no utterance about the fitness of the other. THAT IS AN ENDORSEMENT.

You know it too or you wouldn't have posted it .

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Hillary scandals.jpg

Millburn

This morning we have another klaxon sounding the alarm against Mr. Trump. The USA Today editorial board, which has never endorsed any candidate for president, has issued a stinging editorial and rebuke of Mr. Trump. The editorial board unanimously voted to declare Donald Trump unfit to be president.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...-editorial-board-editorials-debates/91295020/

Mr. Trump is unfit to be President. That much has been clear since he made his asinine announcement that he was running. His tweets this morning continue to show how unqualified this man is.

Good stuff.Thank you.

littlelady

God bless the USA

Again, it went over your head. :whoosh: You need to be less literal, and more cerebral, but, I don't expect that from you. A little humor goes along way in trying times. But, you will never get that. You are a libprog; plain and simple. That was easy!

Oh, and Obama and his lovely wife are racists. Did you know that? Where have you been? Obviously, not on planet Earth.

Last edited:

Millburn

Again, it went over your head. :whoosh: You need to be less literal, and more cerebral, but, I don't expect that from you. A little humor goes along way in trying times. But, you will never get that. You are a libprog; plain and simple. That was easy!

Oh, and Obama and his lovely wife are racists. Did you know that? Where have you been? Obviously, not on planet Earth.

I know you're brain dead but you are the one that said something about him,I just agreed.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I know you're brain dead but you are the one that said something about him,I just agreed.

I was being sarcastic. Get with the program. Oh, wait...you already are. Hillary, anyone? If I was brain dead, I wouldn't be posting on this forum; I would be on life support. Way to go to insult people that have loved ones that are brain dead. You are a dum dum of the highest order. TruthSayer got banned tonight. Maybe you will be next.

One more thing. When I first came to this forum in 2011, I thought I was the only one that was right. It was my first social media experience, and I f'd up. I have learned that listening to other opinions is a good thing, and to not get all hyped up when someone doesn't agree with me. A forum is a discussion, and we all learn from it. The few of you on here (yourself, TJ, nh, TruthSayer (LB) and a few more) cannot accept that, and want to be degrading on here, instead of having a discussion. The majority here have civil discussions; even if they don't agree. You, not so much. Hillary would accept you into her family with no problem. You don't get it. What were you saying about brain dead? God bless, America.

Also, I wanted to say that my cats lived long and happy lives. (21, 14, and 13; all rescued), BB. You always loved to say I killed my cats. Oh, and don't even try to say I am drunk, which you have, also, said before. Many members post on this forum at all hours; depending on their schedules and what is going on in their lives. I am moving in 2 days, so post when I can. And, I don't think I will qualify for the longest post in this forum; many members have surpassed me on that. :lol: You know I know exactly who you are. Enough said. Nite nite.

Another one more thing. You want to talk about racist? Let's talk about the football player with his mouth guard that had BLM printed on it. I just happened to see that today while walking past the TV. I loathe professional football. That player, who ever he was, is the racist one. All lives matter. Oh, and yeah, white people owe black people nothing. Black people's ancestors sold them into slavery in the first place; and some black slave owners were black. History is our friend. Maybe, BLM should seek out their ancestors, and ask them for reparation. What a crock of bullcrap.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
This morning we have another klaxon sounding the alarm against Mr. Trump.

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident ...

http://www.presidentsusa.net/qualifications.html