‘October Surprise’?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
‘October Surprise’? Wikileaks’ Assange Plans Tuesday Video Appearance After First Canceling Due to ‘Security Concerns’

Wikileaks used its Facebook page to confirm that Assange would speak at the event, which takes place at 3am Eastern time.

Sources close to the event tell Heat Street that Assange may be planning to release some new information his organization has obtained about the U.S. Democratic Party. But Heat Street has yet to receive independent confirmation that Assange plans to dump information specifically on Hillary Clinton.

The news that Assange plans to appear (remotely) in Berlin comes after Wikileaks abruptly canceled a much-anticipated announcement in London that was to be made from the balcony of London’s Ecuadorian Embassy, where Assange has sought sanctuary for years. The cancelation was first reported by NBC News. According to NBC’s Jesse Rodriguez, the announcement was canceled due to “security concerns”.

Hijinx

‘October Surprise’? Wikileaks’ Assange Plans Tuesday Video Appearance After First Canceling Due to ‘Security Concerns’

Wikileaks used its Facebook page to confirm that Assange would speak at the event, which takes place at 3am Eastern time.

Sources close to the event tell Heat Street that Assange may be planning to release some new information his organization has obtained about the U.S. Democratic Party. But Heat Street has yet to receive independent confirmation that Assange plans to dump information specifically on Hillary Clinton.

The news that Assange plans to appear (remotely) in Berlin comes after Wikileaks abruptly canceled a much-anticipated announcement in London that was to be made from the balcony of London’s Ecuadorian Embassy, where Assange has sought sanctuary for years. The cancelation was first reported by NBC News. According to NBC’s Jesse Rodriguez, the announcement was canceled due to “security concerns”.

Tossing a little more manure on Hillary's field will not amount to much. There is enough out there now to hang her a dozen times.
People who will vote for Hillary will do so in spite of hell.

Last edited:

tommyjo

Tossing a little more manure on Hillary's field will not amount to mcu. There is enough out there now to hang her a dozen times.
People who will vote for Hillary will do so in spite of hell.

It's amazing that you and your STILL don't understand why she is winning. Yes, she is a lousy candidate. The general flaws you and your ilk point to are correct. So why is she winning?

Because Mr. Trump is WORSE. He has zero experience. He has zero qualifications for the job. He displays a monumental lack of knowledge about all the things he claims to "be the only one who can fix". Worse yet is that he continually shows the same lack of knowledge which shows he has made no effort to educate himself.

Fivethirtyeight has been mentioned on this site many times as a good resource. Do any of you actually READ the articles or do you all just look at the pretty pictures???

Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are the two most disliked presidential nominees in modern American history. That was true at the beginning of this campaign, and, as we sprint toward Election Day, it’s still true now. But equating Clinton’s and Trump’s popularity problems misses a meaningful part of the story. Sure, they both have terrible favorability ratings compared to past presidential candidates, but Clinton has consistently been more popular than Trump, and we’re now at the point in the campaign when that difference suggests Clinton has a clear advantage.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-is-more-unpopular-than-clinton-is-and-that-matters/

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Because Mr. Trump is WORSE. He has zero experience. He has zero qualifications for the job.

Age and Citizenship requirements - US Constitution, Article II, Section 1

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Age and Citizenship requirements - US Constitution, Article II, Section 1

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

I've been saying that since Trump announced his candidacy. Ms. TJ ignores it, and just spews her :blahblah: ad nauseam.

Hijinx

It's amazing that you and your STILL don't understand why she is winning. Yes, she is a lousy candidate. The general flaws you and your ilk point to are correct. So why is she winning?

Because Mr. Trump is WORSE. He has zero experience. He has zero qualifications for the job. He displays a monumental lack of knowledge about all the things he claims to "be the only one who can fix". Worse yet is that he continually shows the same lack of knowledge which shows he has made no effort to educate himself.

Fivethirtyeight has been mentioned on this site many times as a good resource. Do any of you actually READ the articles or do you all just look at the pretty pictures???

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-is-more-unpopular-than-clinton-is-and-that-matters/

I don't think she is winning. She appears more desperate with every scarce appearance.
Her voice is more screeching, her attacks more desperate.

Thousands turning up for Trump rallies and she cannot fill a small venue without hiring folks to sit in on it.

As I drove along yesterday doing just a little drive around the county I saw one Hillary sign.
I did a double take because it was the first Hilary sign I have seen in this neighborhood. It said "Hillary Clinton" and in smaller printing it said "For Jail."

I know that it is precedent for the new President to pass over any corruption of the previous administration, and give it a pass and move on, but I sincerely hope that when Trump takes office and appoints a real head of the FBI and the Justice Department he looks into Hillary's crimes and her foundation. I am pretty sure if Hilary gets elected Hillary will drop a dime on Trump. If he loses he better have himself prepared for the ram.

SamSpade

Well, MONEY, for one. Endorsements. The media, which detests Trump (and despite what you say, they didn't like ANY GOP candidate and were swift to tank any of them).

And the fact that she DID win the Democratic Primary, which means, given the choice between Bernie Sanders, Martin O'Malley and Jim Webb - they picked the truly awful Hillary Clinton.
So awful, that she came in first, rather easily. So hated that the Democratic Party completely turned on everyone else for her.
Such a terrible candidate that all of Hollywood and all the normal Democratic types immediately threw their support behind her.
As awful as she was.

(BTW - in typical casting of Trump's remarks as we have seen in the media, it is clear from his "I'm the only one" remark in context CLEARLY meant "among those who are running" as opposed to "every living person who has ever existed" kind of thing. Because if there's a rational sensible way to interpret what someone says versus a totally ridiculous one, guess which one the press will run with?)

Yes, it has - almost certainly by *me*.
Had you even heard of it before I brought it to your attention? I've been following it for years, since it is a valuable source for *sports*.

But one of the reasons I like it as a source for polling information is, they have no agenda, no axe to grind, nothing to gain, no ego to bruise, no political philosophy to promote.
It's all about winning money, and for that reason, they examine data as objectively as possible.