Trump's Financial Moves In The '90s: 'Genius' Or 'Colossal Failure'?

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" Most Americans remember the 1990s as a prosperous time when companies were expanding, wages rising and stock prices soaring. In 1997, Fortune magazine published a story headlined: "These Are The Good Old Days ... The U.S. Economy Is Stronger Than It's Ever Been Before."

But that decade didn't begin in clover; the 1990-91 recession was rough. In fact, for Donald Trump, the early 1990s were disastrous. He described it to Esquire magazine:
"I was walking down Fifth Avenue with Marla Maples in 1991. This was at the peak of the bad market. Across the street I saw a man in front of Tiffany with a tin cup. I looked at Marla and said, 'You know, right now that man is worth $900 million more than I am.' "

His financial failures were widely noted at the time. In 1990, Newsweek described Trump as "tarnished by marital scandal, mired in debt and negotiating with banks" to salvage his business. It said he was buried under a "hefty $3.2 billion debt."

The New York Post mocked him with the headline: "UH-OWE!"

Just how long Trump's troubles lasted is not clear. But late Saturday, The New York Times published tax records showing that as late as 1995, when the U.S. economy was growing again, Trump was still in deep financial trouble, declaring a $916 million loss. "

More here: http://www.npr.org/2016/10/03/496314538/trumps-financial-moves-in-the-90s-genius-or-colossal-failure?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=202603

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
yeah about those illegally obtained tax records

democrats are famous for leaking tax records

- you would be ok with someone illegally leaking H- Medical Records ?

SamSpade

So - what is the law about publishing something that was acquired illegally?

If someone drops illegally acquired documents in your inbox anonymously - are you innocent of anything if you publish them?
What's to keep a journalist from "dropping them anonymously" into their own or a colleague's box?

What kind of crap is this?