The Captn.

luvmygdaughters

Had to take my girl, Captn. Morgan to the vet today, she's had these unusual places show up on her face within the past couple of day. Not sure what they were coming from. The vet took aspirations from 3 of them and have sent them to a lab for testing. She said it could be a bacterial infection or maybe canine skin cancer. Anybody have any experience with this with their pups? We should know the results by Thursday or Friday. Hoping for the best!! Captn. Morgan.JPG

NextJen

Raisin cane
We just got a little guy from the pound a little over a week ago. He has a few spots on his chest and belly where the hair is gone and looks like sores. He was picked up as a stray, so we don't know what all he went through. After a bath he looks better. Prayers that your girl has something very treatable!

Roman

Had to take my girl, Captn. Morgan to the vet today, she's had these unusual places show up on her face within the past couple of day. Not sure what they were coming from. The vet took aspirations from 3 of them and have sent them to a lab for testing. She said it could be a bacterial infection or maybe canine skin cancer. Anybody have any experience with this with their pups? We should know the results by Thursday or Friday. Hoping for the best!! View attachment 115047
If there was enough liquid in each aspiration, it's probably bacterial. With skin cancers in dogs, they seem to slowly evolve. Meatball had a small growth near the hair follicle of her whiskers, and it was found to be folliculitis, which is simply an infected hair follicle. I might be wrong in Cap's case, but I seriously don't think you have anything to worry about.

Roman

We just got a little guy from the pound a little over a week ago. He has a few spots on his chest and belly where the hair is gone and looks like sores. He was picked up as a stray, so we don't know what all he went through. After a bath he looks better. Prayers that your girl has something very treatable!
Congratulations on your new family member! Greater that you adopted! I am not a Vet, nor do I work for one, but what you described, it sounds like an allergy-type thing. Meatball had missing fur, hot pink belly, and fur loss pretty bad this summer. Plus she felt oily, and she stunk to high heaven for some reason. despite the fact she eats grain-free food. I was giving her benedryl, but the Vet put her on this medicine which I consider a miracle. It's called Apoquil. The difference between night & day. I wish your dog well.

luvmygdaughters

If there was enough liquid in each aspiration, it's probably bacterial. With skin cancers in dogs, they seem to slowly evolve. Meatball had a small growth near the hair follicle of her whiskers, and it was found to be folliculitis, which is simply an infected hair follicle. I might be wrong in Cap's case, but I seriously don't think you have anything to worry about.

Thanks Roman, sure praying that you are right. She is fine on everything else, definitely hasn't hurt her appetite or her playfulness!!! I was so relieved when we took her yesterday, she only gained two pounds since we adopted her 4 years ago! I was afraid I was going to be given the old "watch how much she is eating" lecture...but we were good!! She weighs 74 lbs.

luvmygdaughters

Thank you, congrats on your new little guy!!!!! I'm sure he is going to have a wonderful home!!!!!! Good on you for adopting from the shelter. I adopted my first girl there when she was 8 weeks old, she lived to be 18!! One of the best dogs I could've ever hoped for.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Thanks ladies. It may be an allergy to something as you suggest, Roman. Some of the spots on him have gotten a little better after his first bath. There were two spots on his chest I am watching to make sure they are getting better, if not, back to the vet we go! Here is our new family member, Jaeger (prounounced Yay-gur - German for hunter).

Jaeger.jpg

luvmygdaughters

Thanks ladies. It may be an allergy to something as you suggest, Roman. Some of the spots on him have gotten a little better after his first bath. There were two spots on his chest I am watching to make sure they are getting better, if not, back to the vet we go! Here is our new family member, Jaeger (prounounced Yay-gur - German for hunter).

View attachment 115061

Awwww....what a cutie!!!! Congrats on the new home Jaeger!!!!!!

Roman

View attachment 115061
Is s/he a Min-Pin? I had one years ago. Pretty hyper, at least mine was. You have Jaeger, now you have to go get Miester! s/he is so cute! I forgot to mention that not only did Meatball lose fur, but she too, had blistery type stuff in the bald spot, and she was almost constantly scratching herself, and rubbing on the furniture! She's fine now.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Jaeger is a Min-pin. He's roughly 5 years old. He was a stray, so we don't have any history on him. The little spots visible in the picture on his face have pretty much disappeared. His back legs are really scrawny and a vet said they were pretty atrophied (muscle loss). He is very laid back, loves to sleep - alot - and is totally housebroken - no accidents at all since we brought him home. He came in the house and acted like he had always been there. Loves his crate, so we're sure someone must have used one with him before. We keep pondering what his life must have been like before and what 'adventures' he went through as he was out on the streets as a stray. But, he's a real sweetheart, a true lap dog. We were lucky to get him. :smile:

But, enough about my little guy....hopefully we hear good news about Captn. Morgan!